Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I crossed Death Valley in May 89 or 90 to back pack the Havasupi Reservation with my bride.
1720490879257.png
I had a new 1989 Grand Am with the WS6 suspension, Getrag 5 sp manual, Quad 4 150 (!) hp DOHC in white 4 door livery to be inconspicuous and accomadate MIL. At 106-108 F outside we cruised comfortably at 90-95 mph. The last 75-90 miles through a real reservation with gravel roads (70 mph) listening to Pink Floyd Animals at sunset. A fellow club member showed up hours later. We chatted about the drive. He in a Volvo 240 explained he doesn't have AC and he keeps his speed at 45 mph to save fuel....:umm::umm::umm: That was the last time we packed with that group.

Out yesterday ca 250 km Around South Coast Sweden
No hurry Home just go and stop for as long I wanted.
Sorry no pictures
Perfect weather .Sunshine not to hot and Not much dark at night home 10:45 pm still not dark
Expensive at the Tourist spots
Salomon plate 23 $ passed that up from 18
Coffe with apple Pie $ 8 Not good even but a nice place looking out on the sea

Later at 7 pm got meatballs a $ 12 at also a tourist spot .But just about or not much above normal price
Gentrification .. of the coast . Why the fat ladies are going to the seaside for stuff beef filet in the face.
At City restaurant Prices There is a buck to be made. I suppose
Lots of tourists in mobile Homes parking
Camping grounds full Cant be much recreation
Can't be much holiday crowded with so many
Since the weather was perfect i spotted 2 mint condition cars -Exhibition class
One 1960 Buick le Sabre convertible Black
and
One Chevrolet Bel Air 1955 Convertible Turquoise and White never seen one before .Neither of these was imported here back then because of the climate I would assume
SPOTLESS PERFECT ..
Chrome / Interior / White wall sides
It was parked top down closed to the beach In Ystad near a Hot dog stand

People put in money and effort in their vehicles But this was perfect rarely see a convertible at all. And this in exhibition class.
Cant be out on the road that often.

Not that one here but looks so
1720526960406.png

Does anyone have a youtube channel with just riding?
Are you referring to just members of this forum, or in the general sense? YouTube has plenty of videos that are just riding.
@jpdevol has some.
Another member:
@TwoManyXS1Bs

Last edited:
Would be a great thread on it's own.
The bike, stomping grounds, exploration, excursions. :)
Lately, I’ve wondered if I could do it. I know nothing of the equipment, editing, etc. And there’s me. I don’t see myself as someone who people would care to listen to.
Then again, I live in Mississippi. I find it much more interesting than I ever thought possible. On a recent ride I had an extremely scenic hour plus ride to a blues festival. That was also very interesting, the performers all Mississippi natives I believe. Then, on the way home, a motorcycle fatality. I’ll good stuff, but could I tell the story on video. (The material. I’m not implying a fatality is good.)
Some videographers have personalities that can get me to look or at least start watching anything they put up. Others, not so much. The subject is good, but the telling isn’t.

Lately, I’ve wondered if I could do it. I know nothing of the equipment, editing, etc. And there’s me. I don’t see myself as someone who people would care to listen to.
Then again, I live in Mississippi. I find it much more interesting than I ever thought possible. On a recent ride I had an extremely scenic hour plus ride to a blues festival. That was also very interesting, the performers all Mississippi natives I believe. Then, on the way home, a motorcycle fatality. I’ll good stuff, but could I tell the story on video. (The material. I’m not implying a fatality is good.)
Some videographers have personalities that can get me to look or at least start watching anything they put up. Others, not so much. The subject is good, but the telling isn’t.
Yup, I get it. Putting it to music is a bother because of copywrite laws.
If I do one guess you'll just have to hear the pipes lol. :)

Yup, I get it. Putting it to music is a bother because of copywrite laws.
If I do one guess you'll just have to hear the pipes lol. :)
Buddy I love videos of just engine sounds, it's my white noise calming sounds. Add interesting routes and that is just dynamite. Great background noise to wrench by.

Tuesday Night 30 -- 40 Km North of Malmö third largest town
A bit late there some already left for home

Nice Crowd .. Some old guys can take a while to get to know but after the years
Starts with a greeting then a couple of words Which become more over the years.
Not only cars and bikes spoken about.
Some friends and Work colleagues
Hear gossip about acquaintances

Another part of the hobby besides all others .. riding --- wrenching --- parts finding --- It is also the social part

To the West

IMAG0293.jpg

To the East XS 650 third top row

IMAG0294.jpg

Back