Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5-16-21 josua creek.jpg @TwoManyXS1Bs and I went for a nice ride yesterday. I started the morning @ work and by sunup the temp was in the upper 40's. When Steve and met up it was 70's and perfect for riding. Rode to the big city to go to the Indian and Harley stores at the edge of San Antonio. Back roads all the way. Got my first dose of urban warfare on the R3. First time I've been in a Harley store since high school. Wasn't sure how the reception for the the R3 would be but they were all nice and one of the salesman came out and was checking out Steve's Vegas. It is a hell of a machine.

Yeah, it was a great ride.
Put about 150 miles on the Vegas.
20210506_HC-Ride.jpg

Enjoyed the ride, visiting with Jack, and seeing the next phase of his Gonzo project. Must've had more fun than I thought, spent all day nursing a "riders hangover".

The countryside areas south and east of my place are looking great, trees are sprouting and greening-up, as you can see around the Joshua creek waterfall behind Jack. Almost wouldn't know about the February ice storm.

My area, and zones north and west of here, not so much. I can see a few trees trying to recover, but may not know much more until June...

but I've ridden in Mississippi, Arizona and Texas.
Next up, a very rickety bridge in the Missouri Ozarks, way out in the holler. I think the Missouri department of transportation has forgotten about this one... I didn't even see a weight limit sign.

upload_2021-5-9_10-48-50.png

upload_2021-5-9_10-49-0.png

The gorgeous spring-fed Bull Creek

upload_2021-5-9_10-50-20.png

The Missouri jungle..
upload_2021-5-9_10-53-9.png

Next up, a very rickety bridge in the Missouri Ozarks, way out in the holler. I think the Missouri department of transportation has forgotten about this one... I didn't even see a weight limit sign.

View attachment 190905

View attachment 190906
The gorgeous spring-fed Bull Creek

View attachment 190907

The Missouri jungle..
View attachment 190908

Excellent photos! I love photos with old bridges, and that “jungle” shot, all that green almost doesn’t look real to this old desert dweller! :laugh2: Beautiful!
99C65252-374E-4B4B-B797-566902EDBB87.jpeg

And that bike looks so 'just right' in those locations.

Side note - ain't a lot of places in the United Kingdom where you would dare park a bike in't middle of road like in your fourth picture. Maybe traffic is infrequent in those parts?

all that green almost doesn’t look real to this old desert dweller!
Thanks! I distinctly remember my first time out west. We were in the car forever from Oklahoma and when we finally got out in New Mexico it was like I was on a different planet.

Maybe traffic is infrequent in those parts?
To say the least. WAY off the beaten path. Come to think of it, I need to take a minute and be thankful I didn't break down out there. I bet there are not too many places in the UK that don't get cell signal... but there are plenty around here!

Hey Rhy, That's a beautiful shot of the Missouri jungle. Its such a joy to ride when the tree tops create a complete canopy overhead.......reminds me, when i first came to mission beach the last 5 klm's of road, the rain-forest trees on either side were touching each other over head at least 40 ft high. The beauty is on hot days when you drive into the canopy covered road all the hot air is replaced like a cool damp cloth pressed against your skin

I bet there are not too many places in the UK that don't get cell signal... but there are plenty around here!

I'm a stubborn b who has refused to have a mobile phone. Mrs tells me I need one when I'm out on the bike as a safety line.

2013, out in a remote part of the Scottish Borders on a Victory Hammer, knocked off by a sheep! These things can happen, but pretty rare. Well, I didn't have a mobile but the two cars I'd overtaken a few miles before soon showed up, stopped to assist. Tried to call an ambulance. You're ahead of me - no signal in that area . . .

Gives me a line of argument in continued stubborn refusal.

Just a quick jaunt to the local brewery. We have a little bit of a gas shortage here so I convinced my friend it just makes sense to take the bikes out for a beer.
No issues but when we were leaving my friend mentioned he thought he saw a piece of metal fly up from the road. Yep, it came from my bike and is the strap that holds the can on. We found it on the way home but I didn't want to stop so I'll get it tomorrow.
IMG_1712.JPG
IMG_1711.JPG

20210513_185958.jpg

Lucky again. Just an easy 9 mile back and forth the waterfront cruise was a pleasant evening way to further check the BS38'S jetting adjustments.
The 79 fired right up and idled so well !
(at home)
In traffic "she" acted upset about stop and go so "we" had to go..
Of course at home the idle fit was over :umm:
Ran Very as usual nice up through 3rd,4th,&5th. Midrange is even smoother down as low as 2500 rpm. Didn't get a high speed check in this ride, that is it for this evening
20210513_184639.jpg
. :cool:
(Friday overtime is early..)

Attachments

• 20210513_184845.jpg
    20210513_184845.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 20210512_194330.jpg
    20210512_194330.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 85
And that bike looks so 'just right' in those locations.

Side note - ain't a lot of places in the United Kingdom where you would dare park a bike in't middle of road like in your fourth picture. Maybe traffic is infrequent in those parts?
The state of Missouri is roughly half the size of the UK but with approximately 1/10 the population. Almost all of the population in that state lives in one of two city's, Kansas City & St Louis. There are lots of hollers where you can escape civilization especially in the Ozark region of southern Missouri & northern Arkansas.

The state of Missouri is roughly half the size of the UK but with approximately 1/10 the population. Almost all of the population in that state lives in one of two city's, Kansas City & St Louis. There are lots of hollers where you can escape civilization especially in the Ozark region of southern Missouri & northern Arkansas.
I had a ride last fall, north/south through the middle of Arkansas and Missouri. I documented it in the Just Ride thread. I encountered great roads and no traffic. My biggest worry was running out of gasoline.

Back