Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At some point we are going to have visit the # of sticky threads, maybe a poll and top three? I get annoyed with forums that have "too many" sticky threads, worse if you are viewing on a phone? Though I keep my phone XS650 link set to new posts....

Last edited:
At some point we are going to have visit the # of sticky threads, maybe a poll and top three? I get annoyed with fo4rumn that have "too many" sticky threads, worse if you are viewing on a phone? Though I keep my phone XS650 link set to new posts....
Well, if this threads poll holds up, people want this idea changed to a category in the forums. That's one less sticky.... :rolleyes:

Well, if this threads poll holds up, people want this idea changed to a category in the forums. That's one less sticky.... :rolleyes:

Why I thought I'd try door #3 :p
I'm not so fond of a separate category. If you look at views, the garage dwarfs all other categories. a separate division is virtually a death sentence for viewership. On the other hand a thread that allows/encourages single posts about what YOU are doing, tends to be one of the most popular threads. ie what did you do to your XS and lets see your XS. and prolly this ride thread. the old garage and BBQ threads also did well.
But I just mop the bathrooms.

I'm not so fond of a separate category. If you look at views, the garage dwarfs all other categories. a separate division is virtually a death sentence for viewership. On the other hand a thread that allows/encourages single posts about what YOU are doing, tends to be one of the most popular threads. ie what did you do to your XS and lets see your XS. and prolly this ride thread. the old garage and BBQ threads also did well.
I'm with ya buddy. Mine is the lone dissenting vote....:rolleyes:
But yeah... I'm just the spam killer. ;)

That's why i suggest the Lab gets a make over and converted to a ride category............Never gets used and the purpose it was designed for has worked to a small degree, but now not at all. A couple of threads could be rerouted to the Garage as they have some info if not finished.......... Having the BBQ thread and the other ride offs, eg old garage ect, in a dedicated forum heading, i think it would be used often.....

Yea G you might need to do some sweeping untill the plebs get the hint on where to post

Never gets used and the purpose it was designed for has worked to a small degree, but now not at all.
Well just speakin' for myself.... I use the lab all the time. In fact I wrote this thread there so's my partner in crime could help out. But that's just me. Guess we don't need it if I'm the only one using it. :(

the old xs of the month sub cat is basically vacant and could be renovated.........

carpenter.jpg

Place called Lowell Park. President Reagan lifeguarded there. I think he was credited with over 20 saves. .

]
upload_2019-5-14_15-54-7.png

what a great tribute to a great man...... a true patriot . The whole World made fun of him but look what he achieved .!

I had to do a double take there for a moment .....:) I thought that you had pinched Bobs bike GLJ

The Spring Reveal!
20190515_103527.jpg
My other road ready Yamaha spent the winter in the container. So much rain this spring meant that I had to wait till the puddle in front dried enough so I could unload without sinking down. Even then I had to use a set of duck boards I made from scrap decking.
Bike fired immediately and the welcome dissonance of the cross plane 3 cylinder signalled the start of this bike's 2019 season.

20190515_121724-1.jpg
Hamlet may have been an important railway stop ages ago. On up the road to some curves.

Lighthouse Cove
20190515_124718-1.jpg
Always nice to look at someone else's boats!
Channels here give access to Lake St Clair.

Ethanol Factory and Greenhouses
20190515_131033-1.jpg
Way in the distance you can see the stack for the ethanol plant. Huge greenhouses across the road from it are fed excess heat and CO2 from the process, said to be a win- win plan.
Due to the flatness of the surroundings, the stack from the plant is visible from all around, even from my window I can tell which way the wind is blowing and how vigorously.

Last edited:
A friend told me about growing up in west Texas. He said his buddy's dog ran away and they could see it for a week leaving and stood on a tuna fish can and watched it go for another week . That's flat ! But to the point, I think posting about rides is Ok. Great scenery shared via this site and we have people all over the world to contribute .

Back