Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know to be honest, I kinda baby my old bikes just because they’re so old, but back in the 70’s I had a ‘76 XS650 when I was young and full of piss and vinegar and I regularly stomped that bike, and it was just as you described, around 5500-6000 RPM that bike had a real kick and pulled very hard, hard enough to walk away from my friend on his Honda 750 , which always surprised both of us! :laugh2:
Carry on Boog, you never slow down you never grow old!
View attachment 203574
I'm probably not going to make this a normal part of my ride. But it was nice to know it can be done.

I just completed a late December ride with Erika, her first ride. She did well. We went 50 miles with temps in the high 40s.

Nice ride with 2many today. He plans to post the video with the title "Jack's Butt in HD"...

Haha, yeah, yesterday's ride was marvelous, about 82°F.

There's a huge rural area west of Kerrville, absolutely laced with hundreds of miles of twisty winding backroads. One of Jack's playgrounds. He led, I followed, my GPS kept saying "I haven't a clue". This is R3 country. My cruiser felt like a semi doing motocross.

Unfortunately, I had changed 1 tiny little setting in the ActionCam, and it unknowingly turned off the stabilization. Dangit. Got 12 videos, about 4 minutes each, and every one of them has jitter.

Anyway, here's a 4-minute vid, I believe starts on Callicote rd.

"Jack's Butt in Hi-Def"

Decided to ride downtown a little bit and high winds blew a big plastic candy cane off a telephone pole and it landed directly in front of me and stopped. My instincts kicked in and decided to treat it as a small animal, that is rather than swerve go right through it. No reason to risk your life to save a candy cane

It was 45 degrees out and a bright sunny morning, so off I went. Nowhere special just bopping around local roads, it was beautiful out! :)View attachment 204297View attachment 204298View attachment 204299View attachment 204300
Nice pics Bob. That tank looks better and better every time i see it...........First pic the striping really suits the stance, nice angle and good lines. Great bike pic...........Third pic the red paint looks sureal.

XS1 and 1B look great with that styling on their colours, but the on the red i think Yamaha made a Mistake changing the style

XS1 and 1B look great with that stying on their colours, but the on the red i think Yamaha made a Mistake changing the style
Agree. This red '71-72 Euro/Oceania paint is still one of my all time favorites.

Yamaha-20XS-1-2071_1.jpg

Last edited:
Agree. This red '71-72 Euro/Oceania paint is still one of my all time favorites.

View attachment 204411
I agree, I have always liked the Euro and Oceania paint job over the Us XS2 version. Not that i hate the Us version, just find the white doesn't show off the tank angles where the XS1/1B paint job does.

After seeing Bobs the Euro/Oceania version would look better with left the bottom bit off and still prefer the plain White/Red

Back