Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The UP is a great place to ride road or off-road bikes.
Didja say UP eh?
Met Phil up at a national forest campground near Eagle River WI for a few nights of camping and a side trip up to Bond falls in MIch.
If you go hungry camping with phil it's your own danged fault.
KIMG1790.JPG

First night steaks, second this chicken, third night Kielbasa,
KIMG1787.JPG

All done over the fire. Who sez you can't eat well while MC camping?
You might be old and midwest if you can name the commercial that made this falls famous....
KIMG1795.JPG

Hint; bear with me. ;^)
The campsite at Luna White Deer campground. Phil's Conny, I rode the GS
KIMG1785.JPG

Got some rain but good weather too.

Mmmm.... good. :geek:

Learned to cook foil packs over a campfire in the Boy Scouts.
Still my favorite way to cook outdoors. I still cook like that in the back yard over the bbq grill.
Damn... my stomach jus' started grumblin'.... :cautious:

Mmmm.... good. :geek:

Learned to cook foil packs over a campfire in the Boy Scouts.
Still my favorite way to cook outdoors. I still cook like that in the back yard over the bbq grill.
Damn... my stomach jus' started grumblin'.... :cautious:
We do that with the grandkids. They get to build their own dinner. I always make a couple extra in case there is a failure.

Just completed a trip out West to visit my Army 1st Lt. son in Colorado Springs. Two and a half days out and 2 days back. 3,100+ miles. Rode to the top of Pikes Peak, visited some cool breweries and caught a concert of my favorite band at Red Rocks. The wife and daughter flew which, in hindsight was probably the most cost-effective option but the ride was a fun challenge. Pretty hot going thru Texas though... I loved talking to the locals wherever I was and even got my picture taken by some French tourists because my EDC was visible. God Bless America. Good times...
The 12+ hr days in the saddle were only possible because a friend loaned me a Sargent seat for my FJR. I'm sold.

Heading West
IMG_2505.jpg

Pikes Peak
IMG_2517.jpg

Just completed a trip out West to visit my Army 1st Lt. son in Colorado Springs. Two and a half days out and 2 days back. 3,100+ miles. Rode to the top of Pikes Peak, visited some cool breweries and caught a concert of my favorite band at Red Rocks. The wife and daughter flew which, in hindsight was probably the most cost-effective option but the ride was a fun challenge. Pretty hot going thru Texas though... I loved talking to the locals wherever I was and even got my picture taken by some French tourists because my EDC was visible. God Bless America. Good times...
The 12+ hr days in the saddle were only possible because a friend loaned me a Sargent seat for my FJR. I'm sold.

Heading West
View attachment 219695

Pikes Peak
View attachment 219697
EDC?

I got a county road 50mi ride in today. Seems I am getting ~50mpg. Gas was $4.69 at the station first fill up in months below $5.49. :) Ran north to a little arms dealer but meandering I came across an equestrian show in a field along the road.
20220723_112047.jpg
The gun shop had a limited amount of revolvers so I continued on. I missed a friend's daughter's wedding 3 years ago but stopped today at the lakeside park "Fischers Creek Park" to see it in person.
20220723_120454.jpg
I am still marveling at what fun the BBK motor is.

We’ve been having off and on rain storms here the past couple of days and it has brought our temperatures down. At 8:30 this morning it was 82 degrees and cloudy when I left the house. I’m riding to the Mazatzal mountain range , just East of the town of Cave Creek, about 70 miles away.
Passing through the community of New River, this is the Road Runner Saloon and restaurant. I‘ve eaten here before, it’s popular with the motorcycle crowd.
FB644F6A-F2E8-4E10-8644-A1EB6B6C766A.jpeg

Down the road about twenty miles, I pass through the town of Cave Creek,

C3A01559-E0F4-421F-839D-70F1C429A897.jpegB148B5E0-C09F-4D7A-BC94-AD050A0F631B.jpeg

Heading towards the mountains now, the grade slowly and steadily rises, I feel my ears pop and the temperatures start to drop. I never get tired of this combination of far off horizon views and big rocky cliffs close to the road.
4CE23EB2-5B7D-4FBE-BAE8-6A0602FB0C61.jpeg
DCD518CF-0FB8-43A8-874D-5B34BE7552ED.jpeg
CE69A1F7-3432-495D-873C-30E1E9EF7906.jpeg
A7079DEB-DA43-41BC-B95F-933BF1D139EA.jpeg
6E88FF37-B832-4453-8E7B-BF8EDB08A5DC.jpeg
85BCF3B5-F355-4772-B180-C343C24F4E77.jpeg
CCF95C8B-C2DB-4D42-9C0C-542F7EC95E32.jpeg
DA944BA6-5C8E-451C-8E25-49AB94B17C11.jpeg

On the way back home I stop in Cave Creek at my favorite spot for lunch, Big Earls Greasy Eats and get one of their famous hamburgers! Life is good! 😋

Last edited:
We’ve been having off and on rain storms here the past couple of days and it has brought our temperatures down. At 8:30 this morning it was 82 degrees and cloudy when I left the house. I’m riding to the Mazatzal mountain range , just East if the town of Cave Creek, about 70 miles away.
Passing through the community of New River, this is the Road Runner Saloon and restaurant. I‘ve eaten here before, it’s popular with the motorcycle crowd.
View attachment 219971

Down the road about twenty miles, I pass through the town of Cave Creek,

View attachment 219972View attachment 219973

Heading towards the mountains now, the grade slowly and steadily rises, I feel my ears pop and the temperatures start to drop. I never get tired of this combination of far off horizon views and big rocky cliffs close to the road.
View attachment 219974View attachment 219975View attachment 219976View attachment 219977View attachment 219978View attachment 219979View attachment 219980View attachment 219981

On the way back home I stop in Cave Creek at my favorite spot for lunch, Big Earls Greasy Eats and get one of their famous hamburgers! Life is good! 😋
Lovely scenery, great bike and huge sky.....Love it! Oh and I'd love a hamburger too!!

Decided it was time for a family ride, so I went to town and picked up Baby Daughter on her '21 Ninja 400, Grandson on his '09 VStar 950 and we did one of my Top Three Favorite Loops:

bwr.jpg

Much to my surprise, they just did a fresh skim-coat on 182, AKA "The Black's Woods Road". The map doesn't do it justice, VERY twisty both horizontally and vertically - usually at the same time. Daughter hasn't been riding much and is still dealing with cancer treatments, so we set a pretty sedate pace.

I WILL be going back solo...

Decided it was time for a family ride, so I went to town and picked up Baby Daughter on her '21 Ninja 400, Grandson on his '09 VStar 950 and we did one of my Top Three Favorite Loops:

View attachment 220059

Much to my surprise, they just did a fresh skim-coat on 182, AKA "The Black's Woods Road". The map doesn't do it justice, VERY twisty both horizontally and vertically - usually at the same time. Daughter hasn't been riding much and is still dealing with cancer treatments, so we set a pretty sedate pace.

I WILL be going back solo...

How cool is that? A three generation ride! 👍🏻

Back