Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This can only be maintained in short spurts. Then antifa trips an old lady using a walker and you're forced to choose sides...
Lived here since '96. Quiet the "short spurt" huh....

Lived here since '96. Quiet the "short spurt" huh....
Living around people of differing political persuasions can work if all sides agree not to "poke the bear". I had a friend once who just couldn't help himself and everytime I saw him he would start in on politics knowing full well that I was on the opposite side. I kind of expect that kind of behavior from youngers people but this guy was in his late 60's. He was one of these people that figuratively would stick his fingers in his ears and go "lalalalal I can't hear you" if you dared to have a differing opinion. I don't have time in my life for that. If I know someone has strong opinions on a subject different than mine, I just let it go and move on to something else.

I've lived here since 1988. Maine is a "purple" state - primarily blue with enough red to add a tinge.

I'm fortunate in that the neighbors on either side of me are in agreement with my views for the most part. Much of the rest of the town is on the other side of the issue. I've had at least three people refuse to buy eggs from me because of a sign in my yard.

I decline to argue about politics. If someone tries to start, I say "There's likely nothing I can say that will change your mind, and there's certainly nothing you can say to change mine, so lets not waste our time, mmmmkay?" So far, that's worked well.

The feller that owns the popcorn machine I'm rehabbing has political views that are pretty much the exact opposite of mine. He and my wife had a brief and very civilized discussion on the subject and we've all agreed to disagree and get on with our lives.

I've lived here since 1988. Maine is a "purple" state - primarily blue with enough red to add a tinge.

I'm fortunate in that the neighbors on either side of me are in agreement with my views for the most part. Much of the rest of the town is on the other side of the issue. I've had at least three people refuse to buy eggs from me because of a sign in my yard.

I decline to argue about politics. If someone tries to start, I say "There's likely nothing I can say that will change your mind, and there's certainly nothing you can say to change mine, so lets not waste our time, mmmmkay?" So far, that's worked well.

The feller that owns the popcorn machine I'm rehabbing has political views that are pretty much the exact opposite of mine. He and my wife had a brief and very civilized discussion on the subject and we've all agreed to disagree and get on with our lives.
Perfect response.

My wife was willing to ride after church today. Light rain was falling as we headed out. We rode to Homeplace Pastures in Como, Mississippi. We had a nice lunch and took the long way home.

Attachments

• 4F354695-C092-41CB-A038-3F03ACEB6C14.jpeg
    4F354695-C092-41CB-A038-3F03ACEB6C14.jpeg
    652.8 KB · Views: 84
  • D7426C30-40B2-4CFC-801A-0AEEA09C1030.jpeg
    D7426C30-40B2-4CFC-801A-0AEEA09C1030.jpeg
    721.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 4FAFFA9E-1963-48E0-A249-10137508FCAD.jpeg
    4FAFFA9E-1963-48E0-A249-10137508FCAD.jpeg
    625.6 KB · Views: 82
My wife was willing to ride after church today. Light rain was falling as we headed out. We rode to Homeplace Pastures in Como, Mississippi. We had a nice lunch and took the long way home.
Pretty easy to see who has the looks in your family. ;)

This can only be maintained in short spurts. Then antifa trips an old lady using a walker and you're forced to choose sides...

Antifa i not an organized organization. .................perhaps the old lady stumbled and was falling when someone tried to help. A person who saw it decided to make up a story that (was a lot more interesting than a good samaritan story), got more click bait/coverage and by turning it into a story about a fake organization causing harm to old ladies

I have met Marty on a ride in the Ozarks. Spent a few days together in our little ride endeavor. He is almost a decent enough guy when he gets a haircut...
Oh, no doubt he's a decent enough guy, he just married waaaaaaay up. Pretty much like me.

Back