Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you are 90, what do you need insurance for?
They - the authorities, the insurance industry, the legal profession - are terrified of the damage you might do to other roads users at that age. Heck, you might die at the wheel, so to speak!

They - the authorities, the insurance industry, the legal profession - are terrified of the damage you might do to other roads users at that age. Heck, you might die at the wheel, so to speak!
Whether or not I agree with that, I do understand it. We should ban drinking and driving. Smartphones too! :whistle:

My dad is still driving. I try not to think about it. Truth is they're using a number to determine age. That's not okay by me. As @Kevin Werner pointed out, most people are dead before age 65. I'm 64 and doing CrossFit as many days a week as I can fit it in my schedule, and if 92 year old Jack LaLanne was still here, I have no doubt he could kick my ass!

I was pointing out, "what do YOU have to lose at 92?" Insurarance is to mitigate loss. At 92 you dont have much to lose. (If you have assets you have already protected them in trusts etc,)

Having been through 4 or 5 it's time to stop driving episodes, NO ONE wants to be the one to say no. Even the PD will try to evade being the heavy.
Odds are it WAS time and the insurance company got the short straw. I was the heavy at least twice. Cuz I saw what happened when no one stepped up and said the obvious. My mom and step dad at a stop sign. He pulled out right in front of a van doing 30MPH, it plowed into mom's door. The Buick died protecting her. Nothing but bruises. I'd like to think I'll make 90 still driving. But not likely for me.

Sure wish it was weather like this!
20190905_132514.jpg

Last edited:
My reference was insurance being canceled for riding the motorcycle. I don't endorse uninsured driving.

Having been through 4 or 5 it's time to stop driving episodes, NO ONE wants to be the one to say no. Even the PD will try to evade being the heavy.
Odds are it WAS time and the insurance company got the short straw. I was the heavy at least twice. Cuz I saw what happened when no one stepped up and said the obvious. My mom and step dad at a stop sign. He pulled out right in front of a van doing 30MPH, it plowed into mom's door. The Buick died protecting her. Nothing but bruises. I'd like to think I'll make 90 still driving. But not likely for me.

Sure wish it was weather like this!
View attachment 234499

twas 47F here. Roads were "dry" they haven't brined for tomorrow's snow yet.
A good MC sleuth should be able to get pretty close on what bike's by the tire tracks then why two sets, LOL just winter doldrums, sump'n to do..

Last edited:
K70's & :umm: reserved future guess Edit: Shinko 705

Last edited:
Back