Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Home Depot's about 5 miles from me... been there a gazillion times. So how the hell did I get lost and take an hour to find my way home? :er:

1684705456232.png

Beautiful day, 76 and sunny with no wind. Had nowhere to go so I went. 45 smiles later I was home.
Oh @Jim don't hate me. My girlfriend went to work for a new Harbor Freight store in a nearby town last year. Logistics Manager, means she goes to work at 4am most days. If I need something I just tell her and she buys it for me. Better than Amazon! Not sure if that will work for a TIG welder.

I just rode to the Old Bridge (that's the inside shot above), had lunch, turned around, rode back......

parking lot
1684710056978.jpeg

building (old Chevy dealership)
1684710176567.jpeg

old bridge Downtown McConnellsville, OH near Lock 7 on Muskingum River (Lock 2 is called "DeVol's Dam" :laugh2:)
1684710375263.jpeg

I know you havenā€™t had your bike long, but have you caught anyone doing a double take when they see you on it?
LOL...Yeah, I think they think it's a sport bike as I approach them then they hear that rumble.......WTF??

Today at lunch a group of HDers finally came over and asked what it was - never seen onešŸ˜

Nice day. Nice afternoon of food and live music with my wife. Putzed in the garage. I adjusted the drum brake on the XS650SH. I adjusted the light switch as well. I pushed the bike around the driveway. Good! I decided to take an early evening check ride. 11 miles from the house and the brake was engaged. The SH has no tool kit. Big DUMMY brought nothing. It wasn't too long until a gentleman in an old pickup truck stopped to check on me. He had a wrench. A couple of turns followed by a nice chat and I was on my way. I had a nice 50 mile loop.
1684717190411.png

Yesterday was day 1 of a trip to Scotland for 5 of us on modern bikes. We stopped somewhere in rural Shropshire at Sleap Airfield for coffee, and this beauty flew over. Must have come in to land while I was having a pee!
I'm sure one of you can identify it for us:

20230521_162837.jpg20230521_162825.jpg20230521_162758.jpg

Not a common sight over here, especially out in the middle of nowhere!

Participated in the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride organized by our own @desmoman900. It was a beautiful day and the long-neglected cafe' bike did OK despite a clutch that needs constant adjustment and new base gasket leak. There were 50 Riders in two groups which started in Dahlonega, GA and ended up in Suches, GA. On the way home I stopped in at a new brewery.
DGR 52123.jpg

Awesome! When ya'll do a Obnoxious Hillbilly ride, I'd like to join - I'll bring a front fender & pin lock too (just in case):bike:

Wait...what? There's an organization for Obnoxious Hillbillies? Why wasn't I told? Where do I send my dues? I'm assuming there's a sub-chapter for East Coast Rednecks.

Wait...what? There's an organization for Obnoxious Hillbillies? Why wasn't I told? Where do I send my dues? I'm assuming there's a sub-chapter for East Coast Rednecks.
No, no, no..........I was just making a play on the Distinguished Gentleman's moniker.:D (and making a dig @ desmoman)

Hillbillies are inherently anti-organization and don't trust any institution.......revenuers and such (also see anti-social):laugh2:

Back