Kickstart only 1975 xs

Vanisleguy

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I currently have a 1975 XS650 which my best buddy is helping me build while I live in Cairo, Egypt. I'm a teacher at an international school.
The whole plan is to keep the bike as naked as possible, but I feel like I'm going to have to bit the bullet and put a battery on somewhere to power the lights and whatnot. Does anyone know what the smallest I can go with, 4-cell? I'd really like to go with the cleanliness of a MotorGadget set-up, but it sounds like I'll need something for it all to work.
The bike itself has a DavidBird HT frame with 4 inches of stretch and 2 inches of drop, and a Hugh's Hand built Complete CDI system.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, like I said, I want it too look as naked as possible.

Cheers!
Darrell

According to the Antigravity website, the 4-cell would be too small for e-start. However, the 8-cell should work, having as much or more cold-cranking amps vs. the original equipment battery, and is tiny by comparison. It's a little on the "spendy" side, but top shelf quality. I'm planning on using one on "The Basketcase" when I get that far... (don't nobody hold their breath, it's going real slow) And don't forget to send us lots of pictures! (we're nosy :wink2: )

Back