KZ750B custom/custom

the first thing that will end up in the steel scrap bin at work will be the sissy bar and crash bars followed by the handle bars, mufflers, wheels, horns complete tail section as I have plans for PIGLETS rear end he he

P/s some might have seen I changed my photo thats me with the refurbished TX650 I bought in and sold to my friend before it landed, I stripped it down then polished, cleaned, new bits and pieces added it runs sweet now.
20211012_092554.jpg
20211128_160759.jpg

Last edited:
top before bottom after, dam I just noticed that the clutch cable is routed the wrong side of the carb, back to the drawing board. he's got a new seat cover for the bike that he will fit when I get the bike to him.

just updating where I am on Piglet, it's finally arrived here in New Zealand at the Tauranga Port, it then has to be transported up to Auckland to be unloaded from the container inc it's stable mate the Honda CB750K inspected ( laughed at prob ) :lmao: then put into the system so down the road I can revin it to be legal on our roads.
I have been buying more goodies for it, latest item a dual seat of a Royal Enfield interceptor with a cowling covering the pillion end I think it will look just right.
I'm also looking at buying the same bikes mufflers they look good as well and the chrome will be better than after market chines ones which look similar.
I have also bought front brakes of a GPZ750 as they mount up to the fork legs this will give me the twin brake look I want, probably not much improvement in braking but a balanced look :whistle:

Some progress today and the other day.
First thing was the odd spoke angle I had on my rear wheel im not sure if there are different nipples head shapes ( keep it clean guys 😏 ) but the butt of the nipples were of an angle that wouldn't let the nipple angle over when tighten so angle of spoke to nipple kinked when tightened.
Not all spokes had this just a particular pattern were kinked.
So what I did was one at a time I undid a nipple put it in a cordless drill and increased the underside of the nipples angle and retightened that spoke, it corrected the problem some of you might be cringing but it was only a small angle correction needed I suspect the real fault is the new chrome aftermarket rims not indented correctly for the spoke angle.

20220512_121020.jpg

Attachments

• 20220512_121457.jpg
    20220512_121457.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 20220512_123443.jpg
    20220512_123443.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 20220512_121102.jpg
    20220512_121102.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 82
This is the set of GPZ750 front brakes I bought to fit on the front of the KZ, I'm converting to twin brakes mainly for looks and hopefully better brakes, well it can't be worse :cautious: they were in pretty good shape but they still needed a strip down. amazingly they were cleanish inside so took very little cleaning to look good again. at this stage they are just loosely assembled as I am still waiting on seal kits and new pads even though the old ones look good.
I won't be using the old brake lines as they won't mount using the bleeder block my lower legs don't have mounting positions, but I will use the plitter block for twin brake lines as well as the bolts so not all wasted.
So that's it for now I'm still waiting on Piglet to arrive :thumbsup: then the wife will check her out oh dear :whistle: I do have the Honda CB750K 10th anniversary edition for bling bling effect.

Back