Laid down my '71.......

IMG_0840.JPG
Everytime i take the bandage off it rips the tender scab off. My wife says the white pach is the last layer of skin. This scar is gonna look rad!!!!

Angus.....I'd say you were lucky BUT.......if you had been the story would have ended with you barley missing the cage and you and the bike coming out of it without a scratch. BUT......man oh man it sure could have been a LOT worst and I'm glad you walked away and the bike wasn't damaged to bad.

Heal up fast........and take care, Gordon in NC

Apply some Tripple antibiotic ointment to the Pad of the band-aid before applying it does 2 things speeds healing a good 50%
and makes Band-aid removal easier.... ( Tripple antibiotic Ointment can be had cheap at Walmart... )
Bob.......

Apply some Tripple antibiotic ointment to the Pad of the band-aid before applying it does 2 things speeds healing a good 50%
and makes Band-aid removal easier.... ( Tripple antibiotic Ointment can be had cheap at Walmart... )
Bob.......
What Bob said, worked for my "go down!" Works sort of like the anti splatter spray when welding!

Angus....................good to see you were not seriously hurt, as it could have been worse.
Something to remember about defensive driving. Whenever you are about to turn into a blind corner or crest the top of a hill, you have to assume that there will be a deer on the road or a car turning into a driveway or a vehicle broken down and blocking the road.
By assuming that, you slow down so that there will always be enough space for you to stop before hitting that fixed object.

When they were starting to turn in front of you, you can't assume they saw you. Remember that motorcycles are invisible to a lot of drivers. You have to assume they do not see you.

Yes rg. Totally agree. I thought id hit a deer before a car. Lots of deer out here. The young ones dont know a road is bad yet. Ive been putting neosporin on it at night when i get home from work to let it "breath ". But my sheets look like a crime scene in the morning.
Then i wrap it up and go to my welding job. My ankle still hurts, i either stomped it trying to catch my self, or the bike landed on it . No sharp pains, but im still standing on it at work, so its a bit swollen after work. I don't think i broke anything, just ugly. Doesn't help i got a sunburn on the tops of my feet the next day. Im not a shorts guy, so my legs are ghostly white, now they are red. Oops.

Oh man, I just read this, glad you're ok! About a year ago I was hit by a car while riding a time trials bicycle down a pretty good grade, so I had some speed when a car coming in the opposite direction turned left right in front of me without yielding (I was in the road where I was supposed to be). Just like you said, time slows down in those moments. I remember thinking, "over, or under? OVER!" and I stood up on the pedals in time to hit broadside and get launched over the car. No helmet was what I was thinking as I flew through the air, and then "tuck and roll!", which I did thank god. So in the end, no head injury but some bad lacerations on my arms and legs that left me in the bowels of Grady Memorial Hospital all night, and required two surgeries to remove auto glass form my hand and fix a tendon. In this case, I wasn't quite as gracious as you, but then again, neither was the driver.

Just curious, how did you handle it with insurance and fixing your bike?

Dang Angus!!! Glad you're "OK"... and hope you heal up well. Sorry to hear about the accident... shit happens. :( I've been racing with WMRRA this year (Vintage 175's) and it's SO MUCH FUN... not sure why I didn't do this sooner...but it has also kind of taken all the interest in riding on the streets these days. I wonder if I'll ever get that back? Hmmm....

Anyways, heal up...and if you happen to be near Shelton (The Ridge), either Sunday June 23/24th or July 22/23rd..swing by, say hi and check out the races. :)

Bloody hell Angus, you've been in the wars....you need to look after your injuries mate, no work, give it a miss over the weekend and let the healing begin. No more bandages, let it breath, some light UV will help, no dirt, no dust, look after your wounds man....
Your hand injury looks like a map of Australia :)

Holy side-swipe, Angus. Took a break from the forum, come back to find that you almost center-punched a heavy. Glad to hear that it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Still, nursing some wounds, both you and the XS1B rarity.

The worldwide support group here is absolutely amazing.
We're all pulling for ya...

Thanks guys. I have to wrap it up for work. Protects it from weld heat and grinder dust.
It looks alot better today. Swelling in my hand is near gone. The sun burn on the top of my foot is gone.
Brasneck, the ridge has a dirt track now. Full of jumps. Over at omars, there are a few neglected xs's last year he wanted $300 for the ones that kick through. $150 for the ones that don't. They are complete, but definitely parts only. One of the tanks rusted through from the inside.

Holy shit! Least you walked -- and rode -- away. The couple that "ride" offer to help you with any green to get your bike fixed? Sympathy is great and all; but money goes a lot further, lemme tell ya.

Damn !
Glad you didn't break any bones.
Best wishes in the recovery and rebuild.
As someone who suffered serious road rash in a racing accident in the early 80's, I want to emphasize the importance of the risk of infection, especially from seeing the pics of your injuries. Mine took 3 months to heal and the intensive antibiotic that was prescribed to me was Silvadene. It worked.

IMG_0886.JPG

Healing well.
Thanks to kshansen, i have replaced my smashed front turn stalk, and one of his yellow lenses, bent back the rear turn, no scratches on it, i think it landed on my foot.. un bolted the fork clamps and straightened out the trees.
This was the first time i had everything loose since i did a tapered head bearing mod on this bike, so i checked that too. Still tight, but a nudge makes it fall.
I had a repop shifter i can use untill i find a original. Fired up first kick after sitting near a month! Motor on!

Back