LastTracker Build Thread

I made patterns for the under seat electronics tray. Made 3 and don`t like any of them. Good thing I`ve got 2 more poster boards.:thumbsup:
tray pattern 001.JPG tray pattern 004.JPG tray pattern 005.JPG

Last edited:
Made the final pattern and transferred it to the .063 aluminium and drilled stop holes and cut out the tray. Bent it up and gave it the "test fit".:thumbsup: Still needs a little tweaking but not much. I`ll try to get this tray finished up and the mounting holes drilled and tapped by the weekend. Then the fun part, Make the pipes.:doh:
seat tray 001.JPG seat tray 003.JPG seat tray 006.JPG seat tray 011.JPG seat tray 013.JPG seat tray 014.JPG seat tray 016.JPG seat tray 017.JPG seat tray 019.JPG

I like them too and considered Jemco`s for my first tracker build but I just couldn`t live with the RH pipe making such a large curved bend. Maybe that`s for equal length of the tubes? I would have made the LH pipe the upper and the RH the lower with a much smaller bend.:shrug: Gunn Design has a excellent set of high pipes that exit on the LH side that has the RH as the upper and the LH as the lower. A much more compact design. I`ll probably go with a set of low 1/2 mile style pipes because of my frame uprights being wider and I won`t have to deal with carb and start lever issue`s. No center stand makes low pipes a lot simpler.:thumbsup: I`ll use 41.5mm mandrel bend tubing and reverse cone megaphone muffler`s. However I`m sure I`ll change my mind at least 10 times before Monday.:umm:

I like them too and considered Jemco`s for my first tracker build but I just couldn`t live with the RH pipe making such a large curved bend. Maybe that`s for equal length of the tubes? I would have made the LH pipe the upper and the RH the lower with a much smaller bend.:shrug: Gunn Design has a excellent set of high pipes that exit on the LH side that has the RH as the upper and the LH as the lower. A much more compact design. I`ll probably go with a set of low 1/2 mile style pipes because of my frame uprights being wider and I won`t have to deal with carb and start lever issue`s. No center stand makes low pipes a lot simpler.:thumbsup: I`ll use 41.5mm mandrel bend tubing and reverse cone megaphone muffler`s. However I`m sure I`ll change my mind at least 10 times before Monday.:umm:

Two things -
1. Some guy named Mitch Barnes bought Jemco and is trying to drum up enough orders for a production run. Maybe for my next build.

2. I bought a set of Gunn Design pipes and they seem great, but haven’t heard them in person yet. Pretty well made and on sale now.

What...no photos? :)

It is very much still a work in progress, and by that I mean not much progress lately. waiting on a tank.

89BE64E3-9094-42A1-8862-1BD87771DE79.jpeg 8A64DBF1-66D1-4D75-AF8D-79BC278619DC.jpeg

The engine is done, wheels are done, brake setup is done, radian swingarm modified + done, GSX-R fork lower triples and lugs shaved + off to cerakote (along with the triples, engine mounts, Cheney peg mounts, and some other bits including a full spare set of engine covers), now just twiddling my thumbs waiting on an alloy Champion 750 fuel tank that was promised at 3-6 weeks when it was paid for on July 4.

Still hopeful for that getting finished one day since it’ll be a nice centerpiece of the build. After that, it’s just subframe fab and wiring. I love wiring, and I’m hopeful that my burgeoning TIG skills can make the subframe happen. The unintended consequence of this long awaited fuel tank is I keep ordering all sorts of fun titanium fasteners and other doo-dads. Bike’s gonna be nice methinks...

That is probably more than you bargained for!

Last edited:
I`d never consider a reply to the topic at hand a "Hijacking".:thumbsup: Thanks for the photo`s. IMHO the Gunn Design pipes are far superior to the Jemco`s. I really like the rear mount. Just out of curiosity are you keeping a record of the money spent on your build? I keep a record of every cent I spend on anything related to the build, especially the electronics and all related accessories and wiring. That`s Scary!:yikes::yikes:

I`d never consider a reply to the topic at hand a "Hijacking".:thumbsup: Thanks for the photo`s. IMHO the Gunn Design pipes are far superior to the Jemco`s. I really like the rear mount. Just out of curiosity are you keeping a record of the money spent on your build? I keep a record of every cent I spend on anything related to the build, especially the electronics and all related accessories and wiring. That`s Scary!:yikes::yikes:

Yep, Dan did a nice job with the pipes. I am glad I talked him into doing a production run after finding his Techno Tracker on the instagrams. I would love a true right-side Jemco mile pipe because of the race provenance, and if I can convince the new owner Mitch to do one in stainless, it would be worth it to me. Mild steel, even with nickel plating, scares me a bit given I live in the fog mere blocks from the Pacific.

I’m not keeping track officially but this is a labor of love. The last XS I built ended up on the chopping block out of necessity so I told myself if I could ever do another one I’d do it over the top.

Besides, if my wife ever found the spreadsheet she’d be out the door! Not really, but I’d have some ‘splainin’ to do.

re: motogadget... a lot of their stuff is IMO a bit overpriced - like the wiring kits, grips, bluetooth vs. non-bluetooth m-gadget — but most of it is well worth the expense. I really enjoy the wiring phase of any bike build, and the motogadget stuff makes it that much easier / cleaner / more functional. In particular, the m-button which allows you to run a single bus wire from all your handlebar switches makes cockpit things SO much easier and cleaner. I prefer the aesthetics of the Motone bar switch clusters, but they’re 100% compatible with the rest of the motogadget universe, so that’s the direction I went on my last one and where I’m going with this one too.

Too cold in the shop to work but the lathe is in the basement soooo I thought since this is supposedly going to be my last tracker build I`d add a little bling for a change. Not racy by any means.:shrug: Pandemonium sell`s these but I like mine better if at all. We`ll see.:shootme:
tappet covers 001.JPG tappet covers 004.JPG

63 degrees, Robin`s are in the yard, garage door open and back to business.:thumbsup: I haven`t touched this since mid December. Today I fit the under seat tray and cleaned up the xtra flashing on the head fins. Also drilled a few holes in the fins. I figured since this one is my last tracker It`s now or never. You can never have enough holes in your head I always say.:shrug:
holes in head 009.JPG

holes in head 002.JPG holes in head 007.JPG holes in head 005.JPG holes in head 004.JPG

Back