LastTracker Build Thread

halfmile

XS Builder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Originally I wasn`t going to do a build thread but I was thinking today that I got a lot of good knowledge and ideas from other build threads so I hope other`s might gain something from this one.:thumbsup:
monoshock build 001.JPG monoshock build 009.JPG monoshock frame 001.JPG frame work 001.JPG frame work 004.JPG

Today I sandblasted the frame where it is to be welded and made the neck gussets and tacked them in place.
frame gussets 001.JPG frame gussets 002.JPG frame gussets 003.JPG frame gussets 004.JPG

Not much done today.:shrug: Made and tacked in place the center frame support tube and made a cap to cover the motor mount I cut in half. The highlight of the day was picking up the tools and cleaning the shop.:thumbsup: Time to weld.:)
shop 003.JPG shop 004.JPG shop 002.JPG

I took the frame to my friend Jerry and had him weld what I tacked together. Had to put this up on it`s wheels to see how I was going to change my mind. I did.:shootme: I`m on the fence about several things but at least everything align`s and nothing warped in the process.:thumbsup: Brat Tracker??:umm: Probably not. Any input or suggestions?:shrug:
first look 003.JPG first look 005.JPG first look 007.JPG first look 008.JPG first look 010.JPG first look 011.JPG first look 013.JPG first look 015.JPG first look 016.JPG first look 017.JPG first look 018.JPG first look 019.JPG first look 020.JPG first look 022.JPG first look 023.JPG first look 024.JPG first look 025.JPG

I like the stance of this bike, is the motor canted forward a bit? Ala Norton? Nice! I have a question about the title of this thread “ Last Tracker Build “ is this the last build you’re planning to do? Just curious. :shrug:
Last tracker maybe? But I said that 4 Trackers ago.:shrug: I did call about another donor bike tonight.:doh:

Tonight I bent the seat hoop for the Champion Tail Section. Not the easiest bend.:mad: No CAD programmable bender here, just a couple of these manual one`s. :shrug: Tomorrow I`ll find the center line and fit the tube ends and hopefully make the uprights.:thumbsup:
seat loop 001.JPG seat loop 002.JPG seat loop 003.JPG seat loop 004.JPG seat loop 005.JPG seat loop 006.JPG seat loop 007.JPG seat loop 008.JPG seat loop 009.JPG

Thanks Mailman. The all chrome kart has a rubber grip butterfly steering wheel.:thumbsdown: Totally sucked. Couldn`t stand it so I made this wood/aluminium version. Note the speed holes! That was my favorite part of that kart.:thumbsup:
basement pics 026.JPG SHOW KARTZILLA 007-002.JPG

Enough Go Kart Glory daze, now back to business.:thumbsup: Today I got the upright`s made and a couple of gussets and seat mount plates. Leveled the bike and this is the final stance it will have. I may drop the forks another inch? I`d like to get this piece of junk to the powder coater before the snow flies.:shrug:
frame work 001-001.JPG frame work 002-001.JPG frame work 005-001.JPG frame work 006-001.JPG frame work 008-001.JPG frame work 009.JPG frame work 010-001.JPG frame work 011-001.JPG

Haven`t done a thing for 4 days. This morning I decided to do the side cover. The last time I did one of these I made a Template. Not a chance in Hell I`ll ever find it so It`s start from scratch. Laid out and holes drilled. Now all I have to do is connect the dots.:thumbsup: Need to get this done quick so I can stand back and look at it, decide I don`t like it, change my mind and go another route.:shootme:
side cover 002.JPG side cover 003.JPG side cover 004.JPG side cover 005.JPG

Back