LastTracker Build Thread

Tracker build is moving like a snail. (maybe slower):shrug: My Christmas present to myself did arrive today though. A new Vape ingition.:thumbsup:
DSCN0366.JPG

I got the motor back from Jim last Sat. and was inspired to go out in the garage and actually do some work on it.:yikes: Jim did a complete top end job and new clutch. What a meticulous job. :thumbsup: I can`t say thanks enough. I should have it all buttoned up next week. I didn`t use the 750 kit because if I did I wouldn`t have any excuse to build another one even though this is my last tracker?:shrug:
View attachment 188250 View attachment 188251 View attachment 188252
Nice build, is the breather cover on the head one that bought or machined?

Nice build, is the breather cover on the head one that bought or machined?
The breather cover is a 1980 or newer single outlet slightly modified for the breather.
Spent a little time today making this pin spanner wrench to hold the rotor of the Vape ignition.:thumbsup: 2 hrs to make the wrench and 10 seconds to tighten the retainer nut.:shrug: I did find that the LH alternator cover gasket needs to be trimmed to clear the stator base.
DSCN0381.JPG
DSCN0382.JPG DSCN0383.JPG DSCN0385.JPG DSCN0390.JPG

Today I installed the clutch cable, made a TDC mark on the rotor, put on the left side cover, adjusted the clutch, installed the new chain pulls and adjusted the chain, installed the chain guard, Installed the side stand, Hooked up the rear brake line, tightened the motor mount bolts (indexed the 6`s & 7`s) and just gave it the once over to see what I didn`t like.:umm: Wiring and electrical is next.:(
DSCN0399.JPG
DSCN0394.JPG DSCN0400.JPG DSCN0403.JPG DSCN0406.JPG DSCN0405.JPG

Back