Make a change to the seat.
C7818011-DBAA-4365-972A-C35B2BE22785.jpeg

A local guy is selling a tangerine R5C 350 like in the first picture, but the one for sale has original paint with the black stripes on the tank. Hoping to see it this weekend. A really nice survivor with 8500 miles. A light restoration would be needed. Anyone have a feel for the value of that bike? I know it’s impossible to tag an accurate number on it without pics.

depending on your location — if it was for sale in my neck of the woods I’m sure it would have a 5-7k price tag on it.

I still wish I had mine, and I also still wish I had the bike I traded it for haha! How’s that for havin my cake and eatin it too.

some day I’ll dig one out of a barn here for a decent price.

It took a year but I finally got my race bike on the street. Had to buy a donor to get it done but it turned out nice. The only thing I used from the donor was the frame loop. Triumph T600 forks, BMW front wheel, Barracuda trees, GSXR rear brake, Quick change 19" rear wheel, carbon fiber tail section, gastank from ebay, Jemco pipes, 34mm Mikuni's, Shell cam, And an honest to god Harry Lillie head from 1979, (according to the stamp on it). Raced it all over from 2001 to 2014. It sat in the shop until I decided to do something with it.
650-5.jpg
750 KS (2).jpg

tail.
650-1.jpg
650-2.jpg
650-3.jpg

A good friend and long-time riding partner called me to check out the bike he just bought from his deceased friend's estate. If anyone deserves this gem, it's Bob. He got it in pieces and just got it running when he called. The pics are terrible, I know.
IMG_0068.jpg
IMG_0069.jpg

FullSizeR.jpg

Anybody remember this XS rescue from 4-5 yeas ago?
Well, I got my random June start up messages from the very happy owner in Easter Washington today. "She still runs BEAUUUUUUTIFUL... so grateful to you Randy . Hi hope you're doing well and that little cutie if yours too"
"I have 9 motorcycles and the XS you built is my favorite for fun and joy riding !"
Makes a guy like me feel so good to continue to get positive vibes from bikes from the past
:)

View attachment 192570
Anybody remember this XS rescue from 4-5 yeas ago?
Well, I got my random June start up messages from the very happy owner in Easter Washington today. "She still runs BEAUUUUUUTIFUL... so grateful to you Randy . Hi hope you're doing well and that little cutie if yours too"
"I have 9 motorcycles and the XS you built is my favorite for fun and joy riding !"
Makes a guy like me feel so good to continue to get positive vibes from bikes from the past
:)

I don’t know Randy, I think that may be the one that got away! I always liked that bike. That was a nice message they sent you. ;)

Well, there's been many that "got away" by now. Hoping for a keeper one of these days whatever that means. (not capable lol)

I seem to have the opposite problem, I’ve sold quite a few bikes, but I never wanted to let any of them go. And then almost as soon as they’re gone, I start looking at Craigslist wishing I had another like the one I let go! I knew this guy in Iowa who had an old barn that contained every bike he ever owned, which was a lot! He never sold a bike he owned and he was 70 years old.

Back