Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Been a while in the making and a non-stop learning experience. Finally ready to hit the streets!

Wow that came out really nice! I’m curious, are those factory Yamaha wheels, just polished? They look very good, and also, what is this canister behind the capacitor?
672ECDD7-2614-40B7-8104-ABAA0D05460F.jpeg

BluzPlayer

My CryBaby Pedal is my Favorite...
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Been a while in the making and a non-stop learning experience. Finally ready to hit the streets!
Wow.
Can't believe I'm just now seeing this.
Really nice build. I am interested in the finish on the engine casing and wheels. Stands out different which is something I like.
I will be devouring your build thread to discover those things and more. Well done!

PupTruck

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Wow that came out really nice! I’m curious, are those factory Yamaha wheels, just polished? They look very good, and also, what is this canister behind the capacitor?
View attachment 220332
Thank you. Yes theese are the factory mag wheels. I stripped the original paint off, polished and repainted with a metallic. The canister pieces are actually the ends of the original starter. I tried to reuse as much of the original components in the build (starter, foot pegs, fender etc.). The center canister is a 3" aluminim pipe that I turned down in the lathe and polished. Its now the fuse box and ignition switch. I have posted randon pics of the build in my album over the years. Feel free to explore.

Attachments

• IMG_3385.JPG
    IMG_3385.JPG
    358.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3204.JPG
    IMG_3204.JPG
    313.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3271.JPG
    IMG_3271.JPG
    234.4 KB · Views: 18

PupTruck

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Wow.
Can't believe I'm just now seeing this.
Really nice build. I am interested in the finish on the engine casing and wheels. Stands out different which is something I like.
I will be devouring your build thread to discover those things and more. Well done!
The rough aluminum casting areas of the wheels were stripped and repainted. The flat surfaces of the spokes and rims are polished. Engines cases and covers were vapor blasted.