20220318_163453.jpg

Here's my 75b model. Originally from iowa USA now here with me and restored in the uk 🤟

Last edited:
Not sure how you would join 2 XS650 motors since the transmissions are integral to the engine cases.

Well i dont know yet. Maybe i cut front engine half to get rid of gear box. Glue or weld rear parts to hold oil in. Easy way to join engines is make sprocket to left end of cranks and put chain between sprockets. That way we lose the alternator and power line is quite fragile.
Right end of crank is pretty strong but rear engine crank sprocket is very foggy vision right now.

Wasn't really planning on buying a second XS650, but here we are... 1984 Heritage Special.

View attachment 221955
That’s a 1981 Special. The engine appears that it may be from a Heritage Special. Black cases are the indicator.
Then again, you being in Canada easily make that an ‘84 Heritage with ‘81 side cover badges.
I’ll shut up now. Nice bike!

That's quite a study in engineering & ingenuity...
Crazy build for sure.
Thinking the carbs in the lead engine sucking down the heatwave off of the exhaust inches away isn't ideal. With all that effort one would think they would have swiveled the head 180* to give it some fresh ram cooler air induction. Interesting nonetheless...

View attachment 221933
Here's my 75b model. Originally from iowa USA now here with me and restored in the uk 🤟
Welcome Slasher - that is a beautiful XS. Do you have pictures of how it was when it arrived? Tell us what you did to restore the bike? Cheers, Raymond

Hi all. New here and new to XS’s and motorcycles in general. I just got this sort of rough 1981 Special. It’s a lot of fun to ride despite the number of things it needs. I’ll be reading a lot here to learn all I can as I work on it.

Attachments

• 898DB026-85C3-4038-A3D7-AF882BB34624.jpeg
    898DB026-85C3-4038-A3D7-AF882BB34624.jpeg
    392.5 KB · Views: 69
Hi all. New here and new to XS’s and motorcycles in general. I just got this sort of rough 1981 Special. It’s a lot of fun to ride despite the number of things it needs. I’ll be reading a lot here to learn all I can as I work on it.

Congratulations on your new bike Geoff, and welcome to the forum, you’re in the right place to find any info you need and lots of technical support as well. Looks like you’ve got a good bike to work with, good luck to you! 👍🏻

Back