Adamc

XS650 MEDDLER
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
This guy from Neath South Wales built this.
Looks a bit like my Welsh Flat Tracker.
Better in some areas like engine presentation.
He's asking £12,500.00!

XS650 Neath.PNG

rhkansas

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
It occurred to me that I have yet to post any photos of my 1981 XS650SH that I acquired five years ago. It's been a bit of an ongoing project to bring back to being a reliable mount that performs as I need it to; and to make the modifications to it that suit the kind of riding that I do. I wound up going through the engine last fall, as it turned out to have a bit of a drinking problem with regard to oil consumption - found 3 of the 4 valve seals to be no longer doing their duty - among a good number of other issues (mostly due to a rough life some time in its past). I realize that it's not everybody's cup of tea, but the old bike makes a pretty decent light tourer for day trips around the home area.
20220911_154137.jpg
20220911_154158.jpg
20220911_154224.jpg

Jim

Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
It occurred to me that I have yet to post any photos of my 1981 XS650SH that I acquired five years ago. It's been a bit of an ongoing project to bring back to being a reliable mount that performs as I need it to; and to make the modifications to it that suit the kind of riding that I do. I wound up going through the engine last fall, as it turned out to have a bit of a drinking problem with regard to oil consumption - found 3 of the 4 valve seals to be no longer doing their duty - among a good number of other issues (mostly due to a rough life some time in its past). I realize that it's not everybody's cup of tea, but the old bike makes a pretty decent light tourer for day trips around the home area. View attachment 225355View attachment 225356View attachment 225357
Nice!!
What bags are those?

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I realize that it's not everybody's cup of tea, but the old bike makes a pretty decent light tourer for day trips around the home area.
20220911_154137.jpg

I think you’ve done a brilliant job of setting your bike up for light touring! I had one of those Vetter Quicksilver fairings on a ‘78 Yamaha XS750 and it was a wonderful little fairing, frame mount, so it doesn’t affect the handling, great wind protection and the scale of it doesn’t overwhelm your bike and a couple of handy storage pockets. Big ol comfy seat and saddlebags. I’ll bet that is a nice mount for day trips ! Thanks for posting!

rhkansas

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you’ve done a brilliant job of setting your bike up for light touring! I had one of those Vetter Quicksilver fairings on a ‘78 Yamaha XS750 and it was a wonderful little fairing, frame mount, so it doesn’t affect the handling, great wind protection and the scale of it doesn’t overwhelm your bike and a couple of handy storage pockets. Big ol comfy seat and saddlebags. I’ll bet that is a nice mount for day trips ! Thanks for posting!
Thank you! I set this one up pretty much like I have my original 81 set up, which has worn its Quicksilver fairing since the spring of 1982. The saddle mods came years later. I modify the seat pan to give a flat seating surface to start - then build up three different densities of foam from there. Attached is a pic of my other 81 - which has been in my garage since January of 1982 - photo taken at the Ozarks rally last spring.

Attachments

• DSCN3961.JPG
    DSCN3961.JPG
    486.7 KB · Views: 26

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you! I set this one up pretty much like I have my original 81 set up, which has worn its Quicksilver fairing since the spring of 1982. The saddle mods came years later. I modify the seat pan to give a flat seating surface to start - then build up three different densities of foam from there. Attached is a pic of my other 81 - which has been in my garage since January of 1982 - photo taken at the Ozarks rally last spring.

Wow, two of them! They look immaculate! 😉

AndersJ

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
It occurred to me that I have yet to post any photos of my 1981 XS650SH that I acquired five years ago. It's been a bit of an ongoing project to bring back to being a reliable mount that performs as I need it to; and to make the modifications to it that suit the kind of riding that I do. I wound up going through the engine last fall, as it turned out to have a bit of a drinking problem with regard to oil consumption - found 3 of the 4 valve seals to be no longer doing their duty - among a good number of other issues (mostly due to a rough life some time in its past). I realize that it's not everybody's cup of tea, but the old bike makes a pretty decent light tourer for day trips around the home area. View attachment 225355View attachment 225356View attachment 225357
I'm gonna say it. It belongs in a calendar...