jetmechmarty

Project collector
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the hijack:redface: Have asked around today, and the folk I've spoken to* all said a klipe is a tell-tale or grass. So do results from an online search. The Dictionaries of the Scottish Language - www.dsl.ac.uk - is alone in giving the definition of a lean or emaciated person or animal so I think they must work from some academic ivory tower.

* frae a' the pairts o' Scotland ie all places
Thank you for the new word!

Grimly

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
Reaction score
It's been the same once or twice in the past, for example, there's a brilliant Scots word driech which means dull and boring - it's mostly used about weather and means dull, damp, cold, might be some drizzle or light rain. But I came across an online definition which confidently told an unsuspecting world that driech is a Scots word for very heavy rain. That's nuts and IMO the person who wrote that has mis-understood the correct context.

The shortest Scottish pome...

Brief
Dreich
Breich

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
1694269922777.png

Commuter

"flying is easy: aim for the ground and miss!"
Reaction score
New family album pics ... easy as 1,2,3 ... :)

View attachment 252379View attachment 252380
2 out of three of my favourite Yamahas! I had a 1980 SR with wire wheels goldie exhaust"silencer" hoho and rearsets with standard bars. I covered 79000 miles on it and eventually, after 28 years faithful service, the frame rotted through at the headstock gusseting. It was either another SR or an XS when I was last in the market for a new(to me) bike. Cross drilling the swinging arm pivot and installing grease nipples stopped the swinging bearings from giving in too soon. The seat wore its way through the petrol tank twice and I lost count of how many times I changed the front and rear mudguards along with the front section of the exhaust system. I never had to push that bike anywhere and it kept its compression till I sold it on. In the early days someone told me that they suffered from top end oiling issues. Mine never did! Even after the high miles I put on it there was no sign of burning oil due to bore or valveguide wear. My 3rd favourite yamaha was the early FZ6 which had a detuned R6 engine hastily modified to fill in the mid range commuter role. As a mid range commuter it was crap but as a hooligan it was brilliant... just like riding a big two stoke!

devildrums

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, got my first bike 4 years ago, a nice 77 tracker style. Had lots of ups and down but loved riding it. Came time to upgrade and came across a deal on a 2021 Enfield I couldn't pass up. Now it sits patiently waiting for the next ride. Really appreciate all of the help over those years.

Attachments

• Fresh bike '23.jpg
    Fresh bike '23.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Broken in 2023.jpg
    Broken in 2023.jpg
    660.5 KB · Views: 48

46th Georgia

No Talent Hack
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, got my first bike 4 years ago, a nice 77 tracker style. Had lots of ups and down but loved riding it. Came time to upgrade and came across a deal on a 2021 Enfield I couldn't pass up. Now it sits patiently waiting for the next ride. Really appreciate all of the help over those years.
What did you do with the XS?

nighthog

A bit of a bike hacker
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting @XsTony and his mate Mark for a chat and coffee in Devizes. Tony's rephased Ascot 840 is giving some vibration problems with the isolastic setup, which was really designed for a 360's vibes. Mark's bike is the lightweight 750, the other is of course mine.

Here's a few pics of our bikes in the marketplace:

20231014_105847.jpg
20231014_105739.jpg
20231014_105819.jpg
20231014_131837.jpg

Hopefully they didn't get rained on like I did on their way home! Damn thing needs cleaning, now ..... so today I took the SR out instead. A sunny day, you have to get out, don't you?

Cliff

Vincenthdfan

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting @XsTony and his mate Mark for a chat and coffee in Devizes. Tony's rephased Ascot 840 is giving some vibration problems with the isolastic setup, which was really designed for a 360's vibes. Mark's bike is the lightweight 750, the other is of course mine.

Here's a few pics of our bikes in the marketplace:

View attachment 253279View attachment 253280View attachment 253281View attachment 253282

Hopefully they didn't get rained on like I did on their way home! Damn thing needs cleaning, now ..... so today I took the SR out instead. A sunny day, you have to get out, don't you?

Cliff
My goodness, theres been a lot of really nice work put into all three of those bikes. 🥰👍

Kevin Werner

Amatuer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I took a little ride over to my brother's farm then down to the lake shore for some hi res pictures for the calendar master to chose from. I figured while the phone was in hi def mode I should get the two girls together. I had to crop the image a bunch to get the file small enough to post. Now there's a "pair" to draw to.
tues30.jpg

Adamc

XS650 MEDDLER
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I took a little ride over to my brother's farm then down to the lake shore for some hi res pictures for the calendar master to chose from. I figured while the phone was in hi def mode I should get the two girls together. I had to crop the image a bunch to get the file small enough to post. Now there's a "pair" to draw to.View attachment 253422
A cracking pair of boobies……err I mean beauties!
Nice one Kevin.