I'm on the east coast (new brunswick) canada. We have lots of covered bridges and few xs650's...wish it was the other way around.

Good looking bike. Is there a place over there where you can pick up custom seats like yours and can you tell me how the number plate and rear light are fitted. Thanks Ben

My roadracer is nearly done. I assembled it and got it running prior to pulling the motor for internal modifications. I'm working now, but when I get home in January, I'll pull the top end to bore the cylinders to 700cc, then reassemble with the Craig Weeks ported head, new valves/guides/springs, and Megacycle 30 cam. Should be good to go then.

It already has 36mm Mikuni flat slide carbs, custom 2-1 header with Shell megaphone, and total loss ignition. I did tons of frame and suspension modifications and am expecting a good handling machine.

Update: Cylinder in for boring, should be all together by weeks end!!!!

Cylinder back and reassembed with 77.5mm JE pistons. Megacycle cam on order. I will finish assembly next days off in 6 weeks.

Back home and the motor is now finished!!!! Just waiting for my son to stop by to help put the motor back on the frame.

Attachments

• XS650RR.JPG
    XS650RR.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,083
  • cockpit.jpg
    cockpit.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 821
  • DSC01425.jpg
    DSC01425.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 840
  • ports.JPG
    ports.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 791
  • DSC01436.jpg
    DSC01436.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 816
  • DSC01449.jpg
    DSC01449.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 786
  • Motor.jpg
    Motor.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 728
  • LS_Motor.jpg
    LS_Motor.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 713
  • RS_Motor.jpg
    RS_Motor.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 748
Last edited:
Hi Guys,

OK, give me a little slack because I'm a newbie, OK? Here, that is, not to riding, but anyway, just to make that pretty XS of Nuck's look beautiful, here is my bedraggled '77"D" while up on Mt. St. Helen's, after about 250 miles in the rain. We do love our rain here in western Washington---:(

Here's my main riding friend. I've had her since Feb. of 1978, and she has close to 70,000 miles. And yes, I know it's a tank from a '75. Her original tank is being cleaned and coated. The second shot is me, sitting on her with her old fairing, at Wallace Falls.

Barb

Attachments

• St. Helen's trip #2.jpg
    St. Helen's trip #2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 895
  • Pre-Season Campout.jpg
    Pre-Season Campout.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 706
Hi Crash,

It's a 1965 Spirit of America "Sport Chair". I got it locally from some nice folks who had it on a big ol' Harley, and it was way too small for that bike. It fits the XS just right, though. It's a bit rough, and the seat needs to be recovered, but it is sure nice for camping! LOTS of room...:)

Barb

Yes, $2800.00 and if you'd like, I can post a bunch more pictures or look on my website at the "Moss Landing Assault Vehicle" project. That project has the first frame and 2 more are in work.

Damn those frames look awesome!!! Feel free to start a thread about them in the shops section and then we can link to it from here. I have a bunch of questions but don't want to fill up this pictures thread.

Back