Hi Raymond, The roads around St Andrews, are some of my favourite to ride with a stop off for a fish supper in Anstruther washed down with some Bru Nice ride,I like the colour.
I’ve attached a pic of my XS I had from back in 2009 which I regrettably sold in 2018, loving owning XS’s again.

Attachments

• 005F04AB-1CF3-418F-918D-19503771D75A.jpeg
    005F04AB-1CF3-418F-918D-19503771D75A.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 151
IMG_20190604_204642.jpg
IMG_20200802_202831492.jpg
Found this very stock barn find randomly off an old guy who let it go for $500, it took several months he wasnt really intrested at first.

I did things like clean and paint the gas tank, rebuild fork seals, repair oil sump filter, new reg rec etc. To get it running all I really did was fix and set the points and its been purring like a kitten since! Ive put 600 miles on it and love the power and noise!

I have mostly in the past been a big collector of Honda cb350/360 bikes but this is my first XS! It has a very good design and power vs those bikes. Also things like these aluminum shouldered rims, and great designs all around makes it possibly better than Honda bikes of similar years.

Attachments

• IMG_20200722_194445616~2.jpg
    IMG_20200722_194445616~2.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20200730_150331517.jpg
    IMG_20200730_150331517.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Found this very stock barn find randomly off an old guy who let it go for $500, it took several months he wasnt really intrested at first.

I did things like clean and paint the gas tank, rebuild fork seals, repair oil sump filter, new reg rec etc. To get it running all I really did was fix and set the points and its been purring like a kitten since! Ive put 600 miles on it and love the power and noise!

I have mostly in the past been a big collector of Honda cb350/360 bikes but this is my first XS! It has a very good design and power vs those bikes. Also things like these aluminum shouldered rims, and great designs all around makes it possibly better than Honda bikes of similar years.

That’s a great looking bike! Very clean and I like that paint job. :thumbsup:

That’s a great looking bike! Very clean and I like that paint job. :thumbsup:

Thank you! I am a bit of a hobbyist painter. I was considering straight black, but in the spur of the moment I added some white and made a grey. Just to change it up I guess (im a bit bored of black at the moment, been doing a lot of bikes black).

Its not a 10 point resto obv, I just wanted to get it road worthy and keep it mostly stock. I feel like stock non molested/ ruined vintage bikes are growing on me. Plus consider 100 years from now, people will want stock! Same with how original paint old VW bugs and vans can fetch 6 figures if stock!

Thank you! I am a bit of a hobbyist painter. I was considering straight black, but in the spur of the moment I added some white and made a grey. Just to change it up I guess (im a bit bored of black at the moment, been doing a lot of bikes black).

Its not a 10 point resto obv, I just wanted to get it road worthy and keep it mostly stock. I feel like stock non molested/ ruined vintage bikes are growing on me. Plus consider 100 years from now, people will want stock! Same with how original paint old VW bugs and vans can fetch 6 figures if stock!

Ive seen a similar shade of that grey showing up on factory bikes lately. Nice!

Bike looks great! I agree with MM, the paint is nice.

IMG_20200923_184225864.jpg
IMG_20210409_185704476~2.jpg
IMG_20201008_191716114_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210409_185657551~2.jpg
IMG_20210409_185719750~2.jpg
Ive seen a similar shade of that grey showing up on factory bikes lately. Nice!

Bike looks great! I agree with MM, the paint is nice.

Yes, grey has been showing up on new Tacomas etc. Here is a 2017 Audi a4 Nardo grey I had mixed up for my Honda cb350 build. Heres some pics of it! not quite done yet.

Trivia: can you spot a Yamaha xs750 part on the Honda? :)

Last edited:
"Buzzy", my stock 1982 Heritage Special, just rode it 80 miles home today.
View attachment 200352
Nice lookin' bike Boog!!
Judging by the color of the header, you might want to fatten the jets a little.
The BS34's were on the lean side from the factory to keep the EPA happy. Even a box stock bike will be happier one size up on the pilots and mains.

I like it! I'm fond of the color choice as well. Where did you source the mufflers.

The muffs on the xs650? I forget, If anyone knows that would be great, because they sound amazing, very solid and loud. I ordered then a while ago off amazon i think, spent a good amount like $110.

Nice!! I've always had a soft spot for the little Honda twins. And for a " hobbyist painter" that ain't half bad work. I like it.
Oh yeah.... the swingarm.

Good guess but no not the swingarm! I have been buying my basecoat locally at paint shops, but have been ordering clear coat from ebay, its very cheap but seems to be good quality.

Good guess but no not the swingarm! I have been buying my basecoat locally at paint shops, but have been ordering clear coat from ebay, its very cheap but seems to be good quality.
Duh... what was I thinkin.... :doh:
I just finished up one of those tanks not too long ago.

Pete's Done.jpg

Back