View attachment 200348 View attachment 200351 Found this very stock barn find randomly off an old guy who let it go for $500, it took several months he wasnt really intrested at first.

I did things like clean and paint the gas tank, rebuild fork seals, repair oil sump filter, new reg rec etc. To get it running all I really did was fix and set the points and its been purring like a kitten since! Ive put 600 miles on it and love the power and noise!

I have mostly in the past been a big collector of Honda cb350/360 bikes but this is my first XS! It has a very good design and power vs those bikes. Also things like these aluminum shouldered rims, and great designs all around makes it possibly better than Honda bikes of similar years.
Those head pipes are my favorite. Out, down, back then a subtle upsweep.

Hey fellas, I'm going to introduce myself in a new thread but here is the XS!
20211022_165906.jpg

Oil will pool towards the rear. Would this mean the engine will just require more oil to be added to keep the sump intake covered?? The extra oil to add could be worked out easily by seeing how much must be added to the empty engine before it spills from the front sump drain plug?? What other impacts might the extra oil have on the engine?? The early XSs did take more oil, I think it was 3000ml then reduced to 2500ml?? Of course there may be an impact on the breather.

View attachment 203632

I like it! That's the bones I'm working with. It's a '79? That's the Texavina seat? Your photo is very helpful to me, thank you!

Bike looks great and I like the seat. Do the Texavina seats have properly located mounting holes for XS hinges or do you lay them out and drill your own?

Back