anyone know what seat they used for this? Beautiful bike
I think that`s a Omar`s seat and tail section that is made to use with a stock tank. Radian swing arm for sure but it doesn`t look like he moved the shock mounts. Probably a Omar`s 19" wheel conversion too. If that uses the stock Radian axle I`d like to know what bearings and center wheel spacer he used? Looks good.:thumbsup:

He posted another picture on Facebook, in the comments...
277369258_5289621307736320_1492772472900629155_n.jpg

I have a question...
I know this will be child's play for the gurus but, I'm unfamiliar with something I've seen in a pic.
What is that on the number 1 cyl, exhaust valve cover?
I'm guessing it's a compression release but I've never seen one on a XS. Is it a very early model?
Yamaha-10-692x840.jpg

I have a question...
I know this will be child's play for the gurus but, I'm unfamiliar with something I've seen in a pic.
What is that on the number 1 cyl, exhaust valve cover?
I'm guessing it's a compression release but I've never seen one on a XS. Is it a very early model?
View attachment 210982
Yup 72-73 only, they thought it would help the electric start but wasn't needed. The four bolt cover stayed til the end of production.

Hey guys, I just picked up a pretty cool, pretty rough xs a couple of days ago. I got some mufflers from a vintage bike friend today, and now my ears don't ring for hours after I get off the bike lol. Today was my first time out and about on the bike. I had to replace the battery as well. Very happy with my purchase so far. It's definitely not the fastest bike or the most powerful bike I've owned, but so far it's the most charming.
PXL_20220407_214700290.PORTRAIT.jpg

Currently it's got an axle mounted license plate holder and tail light. I'd like to move that to the back of the seat. I would also like to put some newer shocks on here, because these ones are pretty much trash.
I might also swap the front brakes out for something more modern. I haven't done any research on this yet, so I don't really know what I'm getting myself into.

Oh yeah - I picked up the bike in Bryan, Texas. If anyone knows this bike and any history around it, I'd love to hear about it.

Attachments

• PXL_20220407_232844849.jpg
    PXL_20220407_232844849.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 99
  • PXL_20220407_214637038.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20220407_214637038.PORTRAIT.jpg
    783.6 KB · Views: 104
Sometimes "charming" is better than fastest where bikes are concerned. Many on this forum upgrade front brakes by installing a smaller mastercylinder. They are cheap on ebay/Amazon et al , an easy swap and you don't have to reinvent the wheel. Shocks are a personal preference and have been discussed recently IIRC. As said before, use the search function and try different search parameters. Welcome,, good luck,, lots of pictures.

Back