Lumsden. Just north of Regina.
My grand parents lived out there lives in Hafford. I visited them in the mid 90's. Hafford is very tiny and has 1 bar in the old hotel. Had a great time drinking a few with the locals. I really enjoyed the time I spent there.

1649614815127.png

How do you suppose that worked a far as the final drive?
It appears the engines are linked crankshaft to crankshaft, which would bypass the front engine's transmission.
So are they putting 2 engine's worth of power thru the rear engine's tranny? I know the 650's are known to have strong gears but double the power seems like a recipe for disaster...

How do you suppose that worked a far as the final drive?
It appears the engines are linked crankshaft to crankshaft, which would bypass the front engine's transmission.
So are they putting 2 engine's worth of power thru the rear engine's tranny? I know the 650's are known to have strong gears but double the power seems like a recipe for disaster...
I do not know. I assume only one or two gears...

That's really nice! It looks original! Tell us about it!
What year? How many miles? How long have you owned it?
Sorry for the delay. It’s a 1981 XS650 Special, all dead stock. Originally belonged to my next door neighbor’s friend who owed him money. So neighbor goes down to Corvallis, OR, and gets it fired up, limps it home, puts it in his garage, where it sits for 2 years. One day being the curious sort I am, I walked over to Paul. He had already explained taking it in lieu of cash, so I asked how much he wanted- $400. I bought it had it gone through, and for years wad my daily driver, barring rain. I’m not an aficionado of driving in the rain- I trust me, but I don’t trust other drivers.

The thing I love is it would start first kick. I never used the electric start. It felt more, uhh, fake macho. Too be honest, I suffered a spinal cord injury 4 years ago, so I don‘t recall the mileage, My best guess is definitely below 34,000. I could be wrong. Strangely, that seems to happen to me more and more.

Oops, I lied. The fuse block has been upgraded to a sealed blade style fuse lock. Everything else is stock, but I’d much prefer to upgrade to a larger standard gas tank. My intent was to paint the tank and side covers Dodge Prowler Metallic Orange. It’s stock Frost Silver.

Sorry for the delay. It’s a 1981 XS650 Special, all dead stock. Originally belonged to my next door neighbor’s friend who owed him money. So neighbor goes down to Corvallis, OR, and gets it fired up, limps it home, puts it in his garage, where it sits for 2 years. One day being the curious sort I am, I walked over to Paul. He had already explained taking it in lieu of cash, so I asked how much he wanted- $400. I bought it had it gone through, and for years wad my daily driver, barring rain. I’m not an aficionado of driving in the rain- I trust me, but I don’t trust other drivers.

The thing I love is it would start first kick. I never used the electric start. It felt more, uhh, fake macho. Too be honest, I suffered a spinal cord injury 4 years ago, so I don‘t recall the mileage, My best guess is definitely below 34,000. I could be wrong. Strangely, that seems to happen to me more and more.

Oops, I lied. The fuse block has been upgraded to a sealed blade style fuse lock. Everything else is stock, but I’d much prefer to upgrade to a larger standard gas tank. My intent was to paint the tank and side covers Dodge Prowler Metallic Orange. It’s stock Frost Silver.
It's a beauty!

Back