Joined the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride today in Bend, Oregon... note the bowtie :D

FullSizeRender.jpg

Mongo only Pawn in the game of life.:shrug: Alex Karras ?

I really like the tank & seat on your bike CP.:thumbsup:
Correct, RIP Alex Karras. I love the tank and seat also, heck, the only thing I don't like about it is the fact it's not in my garage!

After a couple of decades not knowing where my old photos were I stumbled across them this afternoon and they were definitely in a safe place. Here is the old XS6501B back in about 1986 after I had given it a good going over. It was originally Candy Orange and had been fitted with those Buckhorns which I still find very comfortable:

XS6501B.jpg

This was in Dunedin NZ on a fine day as I headed off up near Ranfurly then back home via Alexandra. I camped the night by a stream below Mount St. Bathans. I remember the stream was freezing the next morning when I had a wash. I used to ride with a newspaper stuffed up that jacket. Someone may recognize the old Polystar helmet.

I just noticed the bike has no indicators fitted...???

Love seeing all these XS's... I'm old enough to recall seeing lots of them among the all of the bikes on the streets of the day. Never had one then (or any other bike for that matter), but here is one that I have now. A barn find, found in my own barn. Been there for 27 years. Picture shows it washed, but otherwise as found. Registered as a 1977, so that makes it an XSD?
IMG_20171024_222252188.jpg

Love seeing all these XS's... I'm old enough to recall seeing lots of them among the all of the bikes on the streets of the day. Never had one then (or any other bike for that matter), but here is one that I have now. A barn find, found in my own barn. Been there for 27 years. Picture shows it washed, but otherwise as found. Registered as a 1977, so that makes it an XSD?
View attachment 216550
Looks like good times ahead! Congrats!

Thanks, 46th. Since that picture was taken, the bike received a chassis and brake refurb. Got it running and passed the requisite safety inspection before getting plated. So far, so good. Ran it a bit and felt it deteriorate quickly, probably due to a lack of compression (worn/stuck/broken rings, most likely). It is about to get an engine swap, which will hopefully get it back on the road this summer. Engine build will be scheduled for the winter.

Tell us how you like the forks after riding a bit. I am curious about the Minton mods.
Will do when I have put some miles on it, teamWicked. Last time I rode it (pre-Minton mod) was 27 years ago, so I don't have a good basis for comparison. Also added 1" spring pre-load spacers at the time of the Minton mod.

Brgds

After a couple of decades not knowing where my old photos were I stumbled across them this afternoon and they were definitely in a safe place. Here is the old XS6501B back in about 1986 after I had given it a good going over. It was originally Candy Orange and had been fitted with those Buckhorns which I still find very comfortable:

View attachment 215726

This was in Dunedin NZ on a fine day as I headed off up near Ranfurly then back home via Alexandra. I camped the night by a stream below Mount St. Bathans. I remember the stream was freezing the next morning when I had a wash. I used to ride with a newspaper stuffed up that jacket. Someone may recognize the old Polystar helmet.

I just noticed the bike has no indicators fitted...???

Cool pic Paul

looks like your rapped up in the blues......:laugh2:

I had the exact same backpack, still have it back in NZ........Dam they used to hold a lot of stuff

Back