Tanks are different. The US XS750 and XS850 Standards had the same 17 liter tanks. Europe and oceania, (and maybe some other countries), the XS750 stanf0dard tank is the 17 liter one but the XS850 got a larger 22 liter tank and the gas camp is mounted to one side of center where the US tanks gas cap is in the center of the Tank.

Knew i had some pics somewhere and i found them. An XS750 tank of my mates XS750 Triple. And an XS850 Tank off my XS850 Triple
P1000511 1.jpg
P1000512 1.jpg
P1000514 1.jpg
ple

Skull, I still have the backpack, Everest Standard. My back carrier on the XS had a frame, sissy bar like, that allowed the pack to just slip on and stay there without having to tie it down. Great back support for my Dunedin to Christchurch trips and certainly held tons. I threw the pack frame away last year but kept the bag which straps nicely to the Virago back rest.

That's a nice blue XS850 tank... :hump:

Welcome aboard Slyman.
Nice Special.
You have arrived at the best place on the planet for all things xs650.
There is an incredible tech section that has about all the information you can possible need as well as a membership that includes a few that probably know more about these machines than those that built them.
Feel free to post an introduction if you like and tell us about yourself and your bikes.
Everyone here loves pics.

last week a buddy of mine stopped by, we took my XS2s for a ride. He rode my survivor first. When we stopped and swapped bikes he thought the survivor ran and rode great. He rode my 750 XS2 back to my house. He said it was a beast compared to stock.
1655591203502.png
1655590830481.png

last week a buddy of mine stopped by, we took my XS2s for a ride. He rode my survivor first. When we stopped and swapped bikes he thought the survivor ran and rode great. He rode my 750 XS2 back to my house. He said it was a beast compared to stock.View attachment 216673View attachment 216672

Thats pretty cool to be able to have a direct comparison of otherwise identical bikes! So which one do you enjoy riding the most? Hmmm?
Interested Kevin Nash GIF

took the bike for a spin today. the pipes are still pretty new. they are the delkevic 2 into 1. as the jetting is currently, it runs best with the baffle removed. too loud for my taste, but it runs pretty good and im not rejetting until it cools down here. the bars are also a recent addition. those are from my honda mini. they are kind of nice, but i just got some clipons and new fork caps off ebay. im gonna see how i like that positioning. im betting i wont lol.

the pipes are pretty sweet. i had to bend my brake pedal to clear the side exit placement though. it cooled down enough for me to bother with that today. i know the bike is pretty rough, but so far i really like it.

Attachments

• 289122804_354062410216129_7775169132621578321_n (1)(1).jpg
    289122804_354062410216129_7775169132621578321_n (1)(1).jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Current
IMG_0073.JPG

Current incarnation.
Just back from a thirty mile shakedown after upping the mains and pilots. '78 BS38's upped to 140 mains and 30 pilots, no change to needle height.
Dayum son! I should have done that years ago. Yes, years ago. Uni pods and free flowing exhaust equals upping the mains and pilots. I've been limiting my rides to short warmups and then home due to the hanging throttle. No joy there.
For all intents and purposes, this is a new bike. A joy to ride.
No issues on the run aside from the right carb fuel line disconnecting from the petcock....."Why does my leg feel wet? Holy shit!!!" Hemorraging gas from the tank. Thank Providence for the church parking lot ahead and the tools under the left cover. So hoping to avoid tank flames........
Everything in its time lads.
Tags: cranky curmudgeon, hillbilly, bullheaded SOB, cheap prick, Happy Boy

54100135-FD49-4E33-9E0A-7CE678A1C256.jpeg

On my intro thread, I mentioned that I was getting my 77 XS back from my daughter and here it is. Its been sitting in a garage the last couple of years and is worse for the wear. Front caliper needs rebuilt, battery dead, engine needs cleaned up, etc. I’ll work on getting it on the road (steer, stop and go ok) this year and then I don’t know - definitely wanting to get it looking like a nice stocker.

That was about 5 years ago. I had interference issues with the mufflers and went a different direction. I ended up putting those mufflers on some mikes 1.5” single wall pipes. A sound bite can be seen here.

Back