My early 78 XS650E which I bought this year as a very rough sort of runner and my good frieds 1976. We put alot of miles on these this summer/fall. Absolute gems.
Unless I am missing something , how is that 650E a "very rough sort of runner"? Looks pretty good to me, at least in that shot. Beautiful shot, BTW.

Picked this one up over the weekend; 78 Special. I've been looking for an early 70-72 bike (and I'd still like to find one, you can't have just one...), but this one popped up locally. Went to look at it and couldn't resist. It was just too nice and it was priced to sell. Basically a survivor that looks to be mostly original except for the seat and a few other small bits. Runs and rides beautifully. I will have to sort a couple of minor electrical issues and an intermittent electric starter bug, but nothing that prevents me from riding it.
20221205_125807.jpg

Picked this one up over the weekend; 78 Special. I've been looking for an early 70-72 bike (and I'd still like to find one, you can't have just one...), but this one popped up locally. Went to look at it and couldn't resist. It was just too nice and it was priced to sell. Basically a survivor that looks to be mostly original except for the seat and a few other small bits. Runs and rides beautifully. I will have to sort a couple of minor electrical issues and an intermittent electric starter bug, but nothing that prevents me from riding it. View attachment 231439
Nice score!

My 1975 xs650b which I purchased for the first time in 1977. I sold it on in 1980 and after a number of years it was acquired by my brother. The bike sat in storage for many more years and was refreshed to its current condition two years ago. I traded my brother for a 77 gl1000 and it is now back in my care after 40 years.
There are a few bits that aren't original but its pretty close. I love the looks of the pipes and the 16" rear wheel.
20220731_125433.jpg

My 1975 xs650b which I purchased for the first time in 1977. I sold it on in 1980 and after a number of years it was acquired by my brother. The bike sat in storage for many more years and was refreshed to its current condition two years ago. I traded my brother for a 77 gl1000 and it is now back in my care after 40 years.
There are a few bits that aren't original but its pretty close. I love the looks of the pipes and the 16" rear wheel.View attachment 231664
Congratulations on the reunion. It looks to me like a Special donated both rims.

How were the mufflers made to sweep up so much? Is there a short, bent pipe under that heat shield? I like them like that because it allows rear axle and wheel removal without having to take a muffler off.

How were the mufflers made to sweep up so much? Is there a short, bent pipe under that heat shield? I like them like that because it allows rear axle and wheel removal without having to take a muffler off.
Correct, just galvanized from a muffler shop. The chrome shield hides it fairly well. Kind of a Norton look.

20221211_134833.jpg

My garage.

Hey Bob! I’m seeing a lot to like in your garage! Those beautiful 650’s and that thumper ( always wanted one of those, I had the XT500 enduro ) and I also see that 850 Moto Guzzi hiding behind the others. I actually put a deposit down on that very bike and was supposed to get one in a few weeks, then they told me it could be 6-8 months or more! So I got my deposit back. So how do you like your 850?

Hey Bob! I’m seeing a lot to like in your garage! Those beautiful 650’s and that thumper ( always wanted one of those, I had the XT500 enduro ) and I also see that 850 Moto Guzzi hiding behind the others. I actually put a deposit down on that very bike and was supposed to get one in a few weeks, then they told me it could be 6-8 months or more! So I got my deposit back. So how do you like your 850?
Thanks, The SR500 I have had since new in 1980. I had a couple of the XT500s a 76 and 78. Great fun. Two of the Guzzi are 750s (both gifts from my daughters and wife, birthday presents) The other Guzzi is a EV1100 I bought in 2004. I think the Guzzi V7 series are great motorcycles. The new 850s are really liked by their owners. Check out the:" Anybody have a V7 Moto Guzzi ?" thread on Adventure Rider.

Last edited:
Nice John Deere.
The John Deere was acquired on a whim. I don't need it but like the look of it. Should probably sell it. I give my grandson rides with it, and when I get real old and the government takes my drivers license away. Maybe I will drive it on the sidewalk to get around. LOL.

The John Deere was acquired on a whim. I don't need it but like the look of it. Should probably sell it. I give my grandson rides with it, and when I get real old and the government takes my drivers license away. Maybe I will drive it on the sidewalk to get around. LOL.
Bob I noticed you’re just around the other side of the lake from me. We should get together with the local members when riding season comes around next year. Maybe meet in Niagara Falls.

Back