Meanwhile in Wisconsin it's riding season!
1677762455721.png

Not mine seen on FB IIRC this was shot in Norway.

Last edited:
Sweet...I just ordered Hughs' lowering kit a couple days ago for a street tracker build, looks like I made the correct choice.

I've been slowly gathering everything else over the years too....Hughs CDI, Hoos VM34's, shouldered rims, etc.

You definitely nailed the bare bones look...looks great.

Now, lets just hope for better weather soon!
Right on man, sounds like you have a fun new project underway! I am ready for spring for sure...The CDI kit was pretty easy to install if you haven't done one yet. Took me a few hours but he has some good instructions plus all the content on here for reference too.

60 degrees and sunny.:thumbsup: I pushed them outside for some fresh air and took a few pics. Unfortunately I got a little dirt on the tires so now I either have to get new tires or just build 2 new trackers.:shrug:
DSCN0658-001.JPG
DSCN0662-001.JPGDSCN0667-001.JPGDSCN0668-001.JPGDSCN0678-001.JPGDSCN0682-001.JPGDSCN0686-001.JPGDSCN0653-001.JPG

Thanks man! I am up in Bellingham...The front forks received a lowering kit from Hughs. I think it was the 35mm kit and then did a bit stiffer progressive spring. I wanted the bike relatively bare but still functional. It has E-start still, Hughs CDI kit, VM34's, etc...Haven't even ridden it yet! Been waiting for the weather to clear up then yesterday we got snow! Starts and idles beautifully though but I know I'll have to dial in the carbs a bit more for sure. I still think going back to a stock foot peg and more of a tracker bar may be in the future though haha
Insure your jetting is plenty rich to start. Would be a shame to blue those lovely pipes. Your bar/peg choice will be fun in the twisties and I like it but my old body and my straight roads would work there. Cheers.

I’ve made a little progress on mine. So far:

Shaved the fork lowers, lowered them 3”, shaved the top triple and added HHB light bracket. Polished the whole front end. Added some 1” Riserless bars, new spokes, tires, and tubes front and rear. Polished the hubs and replaced the brake shoes. Got a roller now. Fuel tank and fender are mocked up. Will most likely change the tank to something even smaller and I’ll narrow the bars a few inches.

Solo seat or king&queen?
4D7F9E96-2DC6-4C6B-AE22-3AEA2F90DC08.jpeg

I’ve made a little progress on mine. So far:

Shaved the fork lowers, lowered them 3”, shaved the top triple and added HHB light bracket. Polished the whole front end. Added some 1” Riserless bars, new spokes, tires, and tubes front and rear. Polished the hubs and replaced the brake shoes. Got a roller now. Fuel tank and fender are mocked up. Will most likely change the tank to something even smaller and I’ll narrow the bars a few inches.

Solo seat or king&queen?View attachment 238230

I like how tight that is.

Probably only go in a straight line but who cares.

On my list to build something similar.

Lol yeah it will be interesting. Technically it’s still stock dimensions (0 stretch) other than the lowered forks. May also change out to a skinnier front tire
I think a skinny front tire will give a more balanced look to that bike.
Nice sled tho'......;)

Back