Links

Jim

Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just a quick "howto" on makin' links.
First off, go to the page you want to link to and right click your mouse on the pages address. You'll get this....

1.png

Click the "copy" button and that address is now stored in the "clipboard."
Now go to the comment you want to put the link in and type in the name you want for the link, then drag your mouse across the name while holding the left mouse button down. This will highlight that text in blue....

2.png

Next we click on the "link" button.....

3.png

...and this box will pop up.....

4.png

Arrow (step) 1: Right click your mouse inside the "URL:" box and click the "paste" button.
Arrow 2: Your desired address (from the clipboard) will magically appear.
Arrow 3: Click the "Insert" button.
Your text will now have a line under it indicating that it's now a link.
While it's still highlighted blue, you can also click the Bold, Italics, Size and Font buttons to make your link fancy.....

6.png

Now, when you post your comment, a click of the link will take you where you wanna go.......

7.png

Easy Peazy......
Enjoy:D
Btw..... Ctrl C and Ctrl V makes quick work of it.

Ah yeah, well thanks Jim. I don’t think this translates to my iPad. I’ll have to experiment with it some. Nice tutorial though.

Ah yeah, well thanks Jim. I don’t think this translates to my iPad. I’ll have to experiment with it some. Nice tutorial though.
Found this for an iPad....
To highlight text.....
Press and hold over the text you want to copy. After around 2 seconds a magnified view appears and the word it intends to select is highlighted in blue.
Move the magnifier around until it highlights the word you want, then let go.
Tap the Copy button that appears above the selected text.
Or....tap the Paste button that appears above the selected text.

That should give you what you need to do what I describe above.

Found this for an iPad....
To highlight text.....
Press and hold over the text you want to copy. After around 2 seconds a magnified view appears and the word it intends to select is highlighted in blue.
Move the magnifier around until it highlights the word you want, then let go.
Tap the Copy button that appears above the selected text.
Or....tap the Paste button that appears above the selected text.

That should give you what you need to do what I describe above.

Cool! I’ll have to give it a try. I’ll admit to being technologically challenged. :D

I’ll admit to being technologically challenged
"technologically challenged"? Are you kidding? When our desktop went on the blink, I thought I could just replace some vacuum tubes and be good to go. Seriously, I know just enough about computers to screw them up. Then I get my 19 year-old son to fix it. That takes him about 2 minutes.
So, Jim, this is great stuff for those of us who can't compute. By the way, I've been replying to threads for years now, and never started one. Where's the button for that? Thank you in advance....

Click on "Forums" at the top of the page. Click on "Garage" (if that's where want to start your thread). Scroll down a bit and on the right side you'll see a "Post New Thread" button.
You gonna finally start your build thread?;)

JimD, yes, finally, I'm getting ready to start my very own build thread! The only problem is, at this time, I have very limited time to work on "The Basketcase". So, while I have it (and the '79 and '81) moved into a proper work space, things are moving at such a glacial pace that I'm compiling text and pictures, so I don't bore people to pieces waiting for me to remove/clean/install the next piece....

Back