loaded gun rear sets

triumph68

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey men i purchased a set of loaded gun rear sets for my cafe build i just want to warn people not to make the same mistake i did they are very poor quality and not well designed the main problem is the rear brake will only work if you remove the kick starter it only lets the brake arm move 1/2 inch before it hits the back of the kick start arm .just thought i would let every one know so they don't waste your cash like me . has anyone else had the same trouble and if so how did you fix it thanks. triumph68

Excuse me, I'm old. What r loaded gun rear sets?

Hi Marlin,
I bet you ain't as old as me.
I'd suppose that "loaded gun" is the aftermarket parts supplier who triumph68 is unhappy with and "rear sets" are footrests that place the rider's feet back and sometimes back and up from where the stock footrests put them.
And no, I haven't heard of that particular company either.

It says right in the description that: "the kickstart lever must be heated and bent to clear the brake pedal"

here are a few pictures. Rotate the brake lever you cut for rear sets counterclockwise one spline. once that is done, tighten up your brake linkage (assuming you have drums) till they activate properly. Mine work great, i don't hit my pipe or the kickstarter. That being said, i like my brakes to be nice and tight

Attachments

• IMG_1701.jpg
    IMG_1701.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1634.jpg
    IMG_1634.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 240
if you cut the brake lever in the right spot, it will actually move past the kickstarter to the outside, just a little bit, and you've got all the room you'll need

Back