London ontario area

YammieBruh

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Anyone have recommendations for a shop in the area who know what they are doing when it some the the xs. I've picked up a project bike and have made some progress and managed to get It to start using kick only. Unfortunately when I tried to start it using the starter it kicked out sparks from the left side, now I'm left with no power and the fuses test ok. I'm going to keep testing so hopefully I can figure it out. Also it's going to need a safety since it's been off the road for soooooo long. Being as it's my first bike I'd like someone to give it a good once over when she's ready.

Thanks

You are in luck! You just happen to live near ( maybe ? ) Terry Wolfe in Ontario. He has worked on several forum members bikes and has a reputation that is well known, even all the way down here in Arizona!

https://wolfeworx.com/

Good luck, welcome and show us your bike!

It's a 78 special. But the previous owners have added a bunch of different parts. Speak and tach are from something else. The turnsignal control is from something pre '77 I believe since it has a choke control.

Attachments

• 20200121_164536.jpg
    20200121_164536.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 215
  • 20200121_164512.jpg
    20200121_164512.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 211
You are in luck! You just happen to live near ( maybe ? ) Terry Wolfe in Ontario. He has worked on several forum members bikes and has a reputation that is well known, even all the way down here in Arizona!

https://wolfeworx.com/

Good luck, welcome and show us your bike!
Thanks for the reference. I’m a bit far away from London but may drop by to see if they can help me out with some of my challenges.

Update. She runs, everything was good to go till it failed the safety for a bad frame. Agggg po must have ramped a curb or something and did some repair work to the frame below the engine, apparently thats a no go. Guess that's what you get for being a newbie rider/owner with a shoot first ask questions later mentality. So now the search is on for a frame.

That’s too bad. If the bike is good otherwise, swapping everything over to a fresh frame shouldn’t be too bad. Good luck and keep us updated.

Back