looking for carb service for my 1981 XS650

OLD ROOKIE

Go Slow and Wave at Your Neighbors.
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am undertaking the renewal of the bike I just got. I am learning a lot and will not ever surrender.
Who currently cleans and rebuilds carbs ? I decided it will be better to stick with the OEM's instead of buying new. So now it's time to get the carbs off and the tank removed. Contemplating what I am
going to do with the wiring. I love this bike, it is so cool. I've loved the xs650 since it came out when I was
a school boy,,,

Please stand up if you are a ongoing carb service. Thank you for all your past help. This is a great place.

Patrick

yamaha xs650.JPG

Pics need pics.
Were nosy and like to see bikes.
yamaha xs650.JPG yamaha xs650.JPG yamaha xs650.JPG

Sorry. here it is. Somebody took the baffles out of the mufflers. I will probably replace them with something close
to OEM to make it easier to jet

Marty in Mississippi - are those the badges I should have on my bike ? I want to bring back to stock.
I like what I am seeing in your post. My kick start works. What does reclocked mean ?

Marty in Mississippi - are those the badges I should have on my bike ? I want to bring back to stock.
I like what I am seeing in your post. My kick start works. What does reclocked mean ?
Yours is at 10 o'clock. Marty's is at 12 o'clock. Don't try to 'splain that to a millennial... :cautious:

My badge is correct for 1983. Yours has a check mark.
upload_2021-3-18_19-11-11.jpeg

Also, your points cover is bare chrome. The “650” on the engine is 1982/83.

Just to be clear, "reclocking" means taking the kick start lever off the shaft, rotating it clockwise a few splines and reinstalling it so that in the "stowed" position it sits nearly straight up and down. Gives you more travel for easier starts and less likely to foul your leg when riding.

Sorry. here it is. Somebody took the baffles out of the mufflers. I will probably replace them with something close
to OEM to make it easier to jet
If you want to get rid of them hit me up! Looking for anything to slap on to my bike before May 15, since the PO in all his wisdom chopped and wrapped the pipes that I have now

Back