Looking for Houston xs riders and help building mine!

medic51

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Looking for people in H-town that ride. I'm building my xs up now and it would be cool to have a group of us that can trade and sale and help out with builds,and of course ride our asses off. Im up north in The Woodlands.

Just got a 1981,rolling chassis and motor. The frame is pretty much done,it already has a weld on tail,the forks are already dropped.Just need to clean it up.The motor,well I have no I idea.Its supposed to run but we shall see. Time to start piecing it together and saving my milk money.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
These are pretty worn. The front is ok but the rear is starting to look more like a slick. Between carbs,ignition and tires Im going to have to drop a good chunk of change.

Goldtooth,I will definitively make it to Austin for a ride. The guy I bought the bike from lives in College Station and his xs is almost done,we have been talking about a long weekend right sometime

Medic, I think I was looking at that bike was it on craigslist for like $1200 with no title ? Made him an offer of $900.00 he wouldn't go for it. If so, did you get him to come down any ?

When you head up to Austin swing thru San Antonio and and I willl ride up with you !

BTW looks better in your pics than what was on craigslist ! :thumbsup:

I am in Houston and would love to help. I have a lot of tools, if you ever need any assistance.

I have been looking for a bike, but I am at a crossroads again, so let me know if you find a cheap complete bike.

Adam

Turbo I ended up getting it for 900. I think I still overpaid but all the frame work is done so that will save me time and money,and hell yea,Im down for a cross Texas adventure some time 54 what part of town are you in?

I'm in Santa Fe/Alvin... I bought one pretty much done up but had motor problems- doing a valve job right now and I'll probably make a few changes to suit me.

I just need to find one!

I am about to move out to chambers county hopefully in the next few months, so maybe after I sell one of my many projects, I can buy one, chop it and buy all the parts at once for some riding time...

...keep your eye out for me...

Back