Wanted - Looking for some parts

eazyrider

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm checking to see if anyone has any of these parts lying around they'd be willing to sell:

- Clutch cable
- 1-into-2 throttle cable that will work with MikesXS 32mm pwk carbs
- 1" clutch lever/perch (aluminum or chrome)
- 1" front drum lever/perch (I'm running an early 70s 21" DT125 rim w/ mini drum)
- clamp-on mirror for 1" bars or one of those little chrome round mirrors

If you don't have any you're willing to sell, any help would be appreciated in tracking them down. I'm having a hell of a time finding drum brake levers for 1" bars that have adjuster nuts. Thanks!

Last edited:
Check out Partzilla
Get the OEM parts numbers from there to Google the parts numbers
And check out Ebay with those numbers
Some times you got to dig a ĺittle

Check out Partzilla
Get the OEM parts numbers from there to Google the parts numbers
And check out Ebay with those numbers
Some times you got to dig a ĺittle
There's people out there that sell used parts from bikes they part out

For levers, I think you're going to end up needing to customize stock cables a bit.

I'm running 1" bars on my ridgid project and an XT500 front drum hub. I got a stock XT500 cable, and some simple cheap Drag Specialties polished aluminum levers for the brake and clutch side from Low Brow. For the clutch I'm using the stock XS650 cable.

The ferrule on the lever end of both cables is different from the ends on the stock cables given the levers are much larger and designed as HD replacement parts while Japanese levers/cables were all more modestly sized.

So - with some Barnett cable fittings and a solder pot, I plan to cut the lever-end of the cables off and replace the fitting with one better suited to the Drag Specialties lever and shorten the cables at the same time.

I also got some cable adjusters for the levers - just brass units from Motion Pro - part 01-0025. The levers aren't threaded for adjusters, but these do slide into the lever well enough and should stay put once the cables are installed and adjusted.

It's all far from perfect but I think it will work. If not I'll work something else out. The front brake light switch is an issue still. I'm going to play around with a couple of 'universal' brake light switches available on the market and see if I can rig something up. Otherwise I'll skip the front brake switch altogether and rely on the foot brake.

I got the switch along with a headlight and some other bits from Throttle Addiction but the switch is available many places - another Drag Specialties item I think.

The

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 8.52.27 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 8.52.27 AM.png
    141.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 8.56.27 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 8.56.27 AM.png
    295.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 8.59.30 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 8.59.30 AM.png
    359.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0834.JPG
    IMG_0834.JPG
    386.7 KB · Views: 54
Good lookin bike!
I was looking at those same HD levers but just couldn't pull the trigger. I did manage to find a 1" chrome clutch lever off Amazon that worked with the stock clutch cable. 1" Chrome Clutch
I just ordered a second and I'm gonna flip it over and run it for the front brake to match. I'm also running a 69" rear brake cable to my drum from a CT200U Coleman mini bike. But ya I'm thinking the same as you, I'm not gonna run a front brake light switch and just keep the rear wired up. I haven't ridden with a front brake in years so it'll be ideal to keep it to the rear only since that's what I'm used to

Good lookin bike!
I was looking at those same HD levers but just couldn't pull the trigger. I did manage to find a 1" chrome clutch lever off Amazon that worked with the stock clutch cable. 1" Chrome Clutch
I just ordered a second and I'm gonna flip it over and run it for the front brake to match. I'm also running a 69" rear brake cable to my drum from a CT200U Coleman mini bike. But ya I'm thinking the same as you, I'm not gonna run a front brake light switch and just keep the rear wired up. I haven't ridden with a front brake in years so it'll be ideal to keep it to the rear only since that's what I'm used to
Interesting levers - I might grab one just to have a look. They have an integrated switch which based on the questions seems to be 'off' when the lever is pulled. Too bad, as it otherwise would work as a brake light switch. I'm sure someone smarter than me could sort out how to make that work with a relay.

Back