Machine Shop Videos from MIT

Travis

Forum Staff
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Check out these basic machine shop videos put out my MIT. They are from about 1995 but are great introduction videos to anyone learning to work with metal. So far I've watched 8, 9, and 10 which are an introduction to using a metal lathe and now I'm starting from the beginning. They are about 30-45 minutes each and move along pretty slow but are worth checking out. :thumbsup:

http://techtv.mit.edu/collections/ehs-videos/videos

At MIT they make you take shop class if you didn't score 100% on the SAT.

Green download arrow to right of video. Or Download Helper plug in for Firefox. Format Factory free program to convert the FLV to any format your comp likes better.

There's a bunch of software out there. I used realplayer SP. It will download any video you fond online and will convert it to almost any format. I converted them all to iPhone format so I can watch them on the go.

www.real.com

Posted via Mobile

That Real program is practically a virus. It takes over your comp and doesn't want to leave.

That Real program is practically a virus. It takes over your comp and doesn't want to leave.

Been using it for 6+ months and have not had the slightest problem with it. Maybe they got their act together??

I feel that QuickTime is kind of like that though.

Posted via Mobile

:doh: totally missed the download link :laugh: Thanks!

I've used the real player thing before and it worked pretty good. I'll look into the sothink one.

Now let's get this thread back on the topic of shop videos!

Back