Made baffles, got whistle tips

the_nutt

Have Fun
Reaction score
I made some baffles for my "drag" pipes (stock head pipes minus mufflers) like the ones DogBunny shared in this thread. I added a twist and wrapped them in steel wool to see if that would tone down the volume a bit as well.

I really like how it sounds now, and the bike runs so much nicer compared to open exhaust; but now theres a bit of a whistle. Can you hear it? Thoughts?

Short video here, and pic of the baffles attached.

Attachments

• baffled.jpg
    baffled.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 247
I made the same baffles. Didnt wrap them though. I cant hear any whistle from yours.I know what you mean though. Mine has a weird throaty sound when you let off the throttle. I may have too many bolts in them. Sounds good though.

Update: I went out and tacked up a couple of "lollipops" and placed them after the baffles. The exhaust tone seemed to smooth out even more, and the whistle is gone! Real psyched on this, because now I think I'm just going to get a set of Yo Momma pipes from Pandemonium and baffle them, instead of trying to build a custom set of headers.

I couldn't hear any 'whistle' either.
All I can think of is to deburr and round-off all sharp corners...

It was mainly during decel, which of course I didn't do any of in the video, haha. The whistling left when I added the lollipop baffles behind the big baffles anyway. Rode to work this morning, so nice being able to hear my surroundings and the actual engine!

Back