Mailman’s Suzuki C50 Boulevard

Thanks Pete! You know it’s funny, I actually bought a headlight modulator that I decided not to use. We have so many hot headed, gun toting, aggressive drivers here, and I was reading accounts of motorcycles with headlight flashers riding behind people in traffic and those people thinking they were being followed by a cop and subsequently pulling over , only to see the rider pass them by. Then it’s on…..they would chase these guys down and pull up beside them yelling that their lights aren’t legal ( even though they are , in all 50 states ) , I even read an account of a guy getting out of his car at a traffic light and being very abusive to the biker. I just decided it wasn’t worth the hassle and decided I would prefer to look like the sun coming up on the road. 😆
View attachment 328227
That’s something I don’t see very often around here. Maybe a few times a season I’ll see a flashing headlight and it’s usually on a Harley. I like the idea and was thinking about installing one on the XS. Perhaps the next mod.

Just looked it up it seems modulated headlight or rear light is illegal in Great Britain. Except perhaps on bicycles?

I will double check, but it used to b the same over here. Did mention in an earlier thread I use my hazard lights when I stop at red lights or a road construction stop light.

I also flick them on with tailgaters, works to make them back off and hopefully to actually think.

The problem as I see it, all the flashing lights in the world can’t get anyone to look up from their cell phone.
I once rode in the front seat of an ambulance going to the hospital. Lights & siren didn’t seem to get the attention of many drivers. That was in the days people talked on cell phones.

I will double check, but it used to b the same over here. Did mention in an earlier thread I use my hazard lights when I stop at red lights or a road construction stop light.

I also flick them on with tailgaters, works to make them back off and hopefully to actually think.
Of all the bikes I’ve owned, my ‘13 Vstrom was the only one with hazard lights. Even my ‘23 Moto Guzzi doesn’t have them. Seems to me they should be mandatory on all new bikes. Wonder how hard it would be to wire up a switch and relay? Maybe the electronic gurus could chime in?

Wonder how hard it would be to wire up a switch and relay? Maybe the electronic gurus could chime in?
Search Youtube for "motorcycle diy 4 way flashers/hazards".
I recall running across a few vids on just that. Didn't watch any, so I can't comment on how good they are.... but there's diy vids on 'em.

Back