May 5th – 8th, 2022 Ozarks Rally VI, Mountain View, Arkansas.

jetmechmarty

Project collector
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
We're having an XS650 rally. Who's in? I've been to this event several times and never failed to have a good time.

In the day we ride after breakfast. We dine together in the evening, followed be bench racing at the Folk Center.

Daily rides around one of the best riding region in the USA. Rally headquarters at the Ozark Folk Center State Park in Mountain View, AR. Great food, bench racing and the best group of lunatics ever assembled! We usually have meals together but everybody’s welcome to do their own thing. Mountain View is in a dry county so bring your adult beverage of choice. It helps during overnight transmission replacements.

Book your rooms by calling 1-870-269-3851 & choose #2 to get a “real person”. Use the Active Group #502013 to book your room. There are 2 rooms per bungalow and the Park has reserved a set of bungalows for us. Members are responsible for their own travel arrangements. For more information email John Chaves. jchaves@xs650society.com.

Traveling on a bike is a learning experience. Last year I learned you can dry socks in a hotel microwave. Good things to know!
Just because you are cold, wet, sore and tired doesn't mean you are not having a good time. :D

What he doesn't know won't hurt him.
I've spent well over a couple of thousand nights in hotel rooms. I never worry who drooled on the pillow before me.

Or washed their smalls in the kettle.......

As some one who does looks after holiday rentals, pillowcases should be changed every day after use

Any ways this thread is about the Ozark rally a good rally going by past threads. Love to be able to go to some of these places in The US where there is so many great riding roads within a short distance with the greatviews...............Not so fortuante up here in the far north

As some one who does looks after holiday rentals, pillowcases should be changed every day after use

Any ways this thread is about the Ozark rally a good rally going by past threads. Love to be able to go to some of these places in The US where there is so many great riding roads within a short distance with the greatviews...............Not so fortuante up here in the far north
You are right. The Ozark Rally is well worth going to. However you get there does not really matter. It's a very nice place to stay, roads are great. I really envy the roads and scenery there. John Chavez does a excellent job of planning a route each day. If you go and don't have fun you probably can't have fun.
My plan is to ride there from home again because I enjoy the trip and the challange of the trip. I will not ride with the main group because the pace is more than I am comfortable with. Doesn't mean I will enjoy riding the roads any less than they do.
It's a great part of the country with a lot of things to see. I recommend if you can GO you will be glad you did.

We don't wear masks....................

Well I am making plans.
Already have the wife's approval.
Easy since her family is right there. So that's where I'll be staying as well.
No Bike to ride but I'll catch a breakfast or two and a dinner or two as well.
Love to meet some members, see some bikes and talk bikes.

You are right. The Ozark Rally is well worth going to. However you get there does not really matter. It's a very nice place to stay, roads are great. I really envy the roads and scenery there. John Chavez does a excellent job of planning a route each day. If you go and don't have fun you probably can't have fun.
My plan is to ride there from home again because I enjoy the trip and the challange of the trip. I will not ride with the main group because the pace is more than I am comfortable with. Doesn't mean I will enjoy riding the roads any less than they do.
It's a great part of the country with a lot of things to see. I recommend if you can GO you will be glad you did.
C'mon now. We have slowed the pace down quite a bit in the last 3 years or so. :) . Mr. Chaves says: The rally would not be the same without you.

just need to find a decent tank bag that won't damage the paint.
1646966583527.png

Just get some of this toolbox liner. Cut a piece the shape of the bottom of your bag. Put it on the tank, then the bag.

Back