Mikes keihin carb kit

Im to the point of carbs for my build. I started reading at the beginning of this thread and thought I would get a pair of these out of the box working carbs for my bike. The thread started back in 12 or something. After reading more on the Mikes carb kit Im thinking I better ask has the quality of these carbs been improved?
In my build I have removed the stock airbox and built a electrical box in that area so I only have about 7.5 inches of space for carbs and uni or pods.

So here is question, have these carbs from Mikes improved ? How about the ones from 650 central can someone tell me if they take up more room than I have? 7.5inches. Or where can one get their carbs refurbished at?
thanks for any incite in this matter.

thanks, wonder if anyone has the vm34's and could measure from the edge of intake on head to the rear of the carb for me? without cone or filter attached. Just need to find out how much room they would take up. thanks in advance.

I seen some pictures of the those vm34 carbs and it looks like they would fit my bike. I re measured the room I have between the engine and elec box and I have just over 9 inches. I considering a pair of them.But not ruling out rebuilding the ones I have. thanks xs fans

Back