Mikesxs rip off

I have always had great customer service from them
Have always taken care of any issue
Could be the OP just happened to place his order as someone was leaving for a vacation and no one thought to check the email?

I know from being on a Vespa forum, wife has a GTV300, there is a certain time in the summer the factory, or is it the whole country of Italy, shuts down and if you need any parts from them you just have to hold your breath till they come back to work!

Could be the OP just happened to place his order as someone was leaving for a vacation and no one thought to check the email?

I know from being on a Vespa forum, wife has a GTV300, there is a certain time in the summer the factory, or is it the whole country of Italy, shuts down and if you need any parts from them you just have to hold your breath till they come back to work!
Yeah, Italy does take some kind of seemingly nationwide "vacation". I have experienced this waiting for Pietta gun parts!

Its just a hunch, but I'd say that there is something funny about the original post in this thread (in addition to the obvious grammatical issues).

As others have said - MikesXS products may not always work quite right but their service in terms of fulfilling my orders is beyond reproach. Frankly, I have had quite good luck with just about everything I have bought from them - except rubber parts.

One thing - if one of your items is not available and is back-ordered then the entire shipment can be delayed. You can see if there is no stock right when you are assembling your order though so that shouldn't be a big surprise.
Indeed .......

I've never had any problems with them in the 8+ years I have done business with them. I ordered some items on Friday morning and got an email that my order has shipped that afternoon. I use PayPal because they have a complaint dept. for bad service and crooks fpr a year. They will do the 'leg work' for you and get some sort of problem fix. Pete, you are probably correct. If he answers my post, we'll see.
Nelsan775, You should have had some results from you complaint by now. Have you?

4 posts in one day and no follow up since June 10th ? Plus no introduction post or any posting about a bike ..c'mon man...:rolleyes:

I used to be a member on ST-Owners.com..and over there i recall you could not post until you made an introductory post in that specified forum..Honestly dunno if that would work here..

Mikes XS is good but can sometimes be a pain. I had bought a new brake caliper from them and it was faulty. Pulled it apart to find the spring was at a 45 degree angle. Emailed to send it back and was told there would be a restocking fee that would not make sense to send back. So bought another one same issue. Ended up buying a kit and fixing both the calipers. Other times they have been on point seems to be a hit or miss.

Mikes XS is good but can sometimes be a pain. I had bought a new brake caliper from them and it was faulty. Pulled it apart to find the spring was at a 45 degree angle. Emailed to send it back and was told there would be a restocking fee that would not make sense to send back. So bought another one same issue. Ended up buying a kit and fixing both the calipers. Other times they have been on point seems to be a hit or miss.
Brake caliper with spring inside? You lost me on that one. Or do you mean a brake mastercylinder?

Not sure about MikesXS but XS650Direct here in Ontario,Canada have been great to deal with.
I think different owner ,not sure but they have always helped me out with any issues on product problems.
If I could say 1 thing they need to improve on it would be with tech support. But I think there working on it!
The Tech support I have required has usually been on this Forum and its been unbelievable! Thx again to all that
have helped out the many that luv these old bikes!

Again. Be VEWY VEWY careful with Mikes.
Nothing to be VEWY VEWY careful of with dealing with Mikes. Check the forum and do a little research on what's good and what's not. I've bought a lot of stuff from them. No problems. Order it. Get a e-mail confirming the order, get another e-mail with the shipping information. Stuff shows up. Orders have always been spot on. Could their stuff be of better quality, sure. If you want OEM buy OEM. Oh and let me know where else you can get a front timing chain guide from.

Good point GLJ ,if it wasn't for places like Mikes these old bikes would have died off like the dinosaurs !
That said, some of there products quality is suspect for sure, including the Timing guide.
The plastic or hard rubber section prematurely separating from the aluminum support plate.
Some are sourcing old low mileage originals .Cant beat the original over built Yamaha stuff!!

Cant beat the original over built Yamaha stuff!!
I agree with you OEM is 99 out of 100 time best. When OEM is not viable you got to do something. I will admit I have bought some of his rubber parts even though it seems to be common knowledge here that they are trash. I bought his footrest rubbers for the mounts. Rubbed them down with high vacuum grease and installed them. Working great so far. In a year or to I'll see how they hold up. 20 bucks verses 80 I'll take a chance. I'm not a shill for Mike's, I just think he catches a lot of crap that's not warranted. As far as the PAMCO thing. I Would really like to know what happened there. Both sides have had no real comments. We can guess what we think went down but who knows.

FYI, I have the defective and new unit pics in my camera and will post eventually .There definitely
is some changes to the board but im not an electronics engineer . Others may be able to see the changes.
I also have the original pamco unit for comparison .Great conversation piece for a rainy day!

Back