Milk, cream, butter, yoghurt and cheese.

toglhot

First class butcher.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Milk comes from the cow, if you let it sit for 30 minutes or more, cream forms on the top. If you churn or stir it for hours on end it turns to butter, if you add bacteria it turns to yoghurt. Now let it sit around until it goes off, add some salt and you have cheese. Simplified process it may seem, but it does make you wonder how dopey was the bloke that sat around watching cream rise to the top of the milk. Then longer still paddled it for hour to watch it turn to butter and why the hell would you add bugs to mess you already have, taste it and say 'yoghurt, I've just invented yoghurt. But best of all, let it sit around for weeks, months, until it goes off, salt it, eat it and yell 'yippee, I just invented cheese.

And there are olives.

You can beat it..............Used to collect the milk from the Jerserys, (more cream), make whipped cream to top the fresh baked scons with Blackberry jam.......mmmmm.......Be careful, to much and you can get fat

You've obviously never seen the Carl Reiner/Mel Brooks skit about the 2000 yr old man talk about how they got the word for cheese :laughing:

I have always the the bravest person in history was the first one to eat blue cheese. Who would have thought something that had bacteria growing in it and smelled that bad would not only not kill you but taste good. :)

Back