MIRRORS

dubepj

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 1984 XS650 SK Canadian model has mismatched mirrors. Did that year have round or rectangular mirrors. Also on my other bike (Harley) the mirrors have (objects are closer than they appear feature) that I really like since I get a bigger picture of what's behind. Any Yamaha mirrors available with that feature and the left hand thread on the right side?? thanks everyone.

My '83 came to me with rectangular mirrors. As far as I know, they are the originals. I think most all of the Special models had them .....

lzutB53.jpg

My Standard model has round mirrors and I think that was the norm for the Standards .....

j5505gZ.jpg

wo6cMEr.jpg

My standards had the big round mirrors with the Yamaha tune'n forks on the back... my 82' Specials had the rectangle units. ... Triton 3.jpg

If I don't have late special mirrors, 81 up? I like the oblong mirrors from V-stars with 10mm and LH thread (a Yamaha thing), watch a bit on ebay for a pair, there are a couple different stem lengths, longer is much better. The OEM mirrors seem to be better than any aftermarket for reducing vibration.

Attachments

• bars mirrors.jpg
    bars mirrors.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 85
Back