Moabiker's Tall Tales

Holy crap! That is the hairiest rockiest goat trail I’ve ever seen. Opportunities for knee busting and cliff diving a plenty! :yikes:
That fun mild trail for me on trials bike...hehe took bud to a few branches on that trail that no doubt are extremely technical on anything but trials bike and even pro rider had to push and dab!!!
IMG_20190421_125932_hdr.jpg
IMG_20190421_124242_hdr.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics Moabite, but I think you had better hurry up and get the XR going.;)
Ya working on it, but about 100 other things going on too. That is why yesterday i go for solitude in the mountains to clear my brain.
...lost title for 1976 honda becoming a big hassle , argh...
...1996 xr title burn up in fire yet replacement title was easy to get...

Last edited:
...yamaha it490 (in excellent shape supposedly) may be here soon for me to inspect and test out....
...xr600 getting sandblasted today, powdercoat day after!!!
...having hard time getting exhaust studs out, torch not work, use mill tomorrow to drill out...

...did, welded on nut and then heat with oxy torch and stud break again,.
Tomorrow put in mill should work to drill out

Hi Moabite,
can your mill run backwards?
If it does, try using a just less that thread root diameter Left-handed drill bit to remove the broken fastener,
Sometimes a backwards drill will dig into the fastener and screw it right outa there.

We shall see, owner picked up 1976 750 yesterday, but he put directly in storage, and he flying back to europe for 6 months today. The XR600 will be his bike too since he paying all the bills but i guess i get to ride it till he gets back and then possibly sell to me. IT490 supposed to be delivered next week, as he was going to buy it on way to airport and have it delivered to me.
...Strange arrangement, he must obviously be millionaire, and i completely cash broke mechanic/rider...
....edit...toned down some...
...but i do not get along at all with my landlord wife...
...so world...i am in extremely high anxiety mode...

Last edited:
- - - i do not get along at all with my landlord wife, meanest dimentia peep (with no hands and feet) anyone ever met, so i had more than enough of her that big problem in paradise brewing....
... i am so completely sick of her as she most despeciable disgusting person i ever been around and soooo fed up that only thing that matters now is to get away from here, for all the fantastic way my riding and dog life is.- - -

Hi Moabite,
if your landlord's wife really is a quadruple amputee think about how you'd feel about life after walking a mile in her prosthetics.

Calling Moabite! Calling Moabite! Come in Please!. I am interested to see what you are up to now that Spring is well underway and Summer is quickly approaching.

IMG_20190516_095403.jpg
Hey Moabite! Happy to see you’re still kicking! I was beginning to think you fell down a ravine and the coyotes ate you! :laugh2:
Good luck with your new job buddy, hope you still have time to ride!
i hate getting stressed out and i was way out there.
*newly made seat and powdercoated frame for xr600 rebuild in but plastics,bearings, and other parts were destroyed in shipping truck accident and waiting on replacements.
*i guess yamaha it490 deal not happen

Last edited:
Good to see you are making progress. You will met loads of interesting characters in yor new job. Are there ancient cave drawings in your area or any great mysteries/conspiracies/cold war relics?

IMG_20190507_071717.jpg
Good to see you are making progress. You will met loads of interesting characters in yor new job. Are there ancient cave drawings in your area or any great mysteries/conspiracies/cold war relics?
...uranium mines and internment japanese camp...before that lots of outlaws hid out during cowboy times in moab area...before that thousands of years ago different indian tribes left pictographs and petroglyphs all over moab...and lots dinosaur bones, footprints all over moab still being found....and now jeep,motorcycle, and bicycle parts becoming part of landscape for generations later to find...but the spirit of a moabiker will be the predominate discovery for many.... wow this riding rocks!

Last edited:
Back