Model Planes

LTGTR

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I was cleaning out some stuff and came accross the boxes my model planes came in and before thowing them out I took some snaps.
The last photo is the finished articles and unfortunately it doesnt show the work involved in building these. For example the correct colours for the hydraulic lines, electrical lines, guage needles, the numbers on the guages etc etc.
Just one interesting point - they are all the same 1/32 scale - the size of the Spitfire against the FA18.
Regards - Ray.
P1040051.JPG
P1040052.JPG
P1040053.JPG
P1040054.JPG

I was cleaning out some stuff and came accross the boxes my model planes came in and before thowing them out I took some snaps.
The last photo is the finished articles and unfortunately it doesnt show the work involved in building these. For example the correct colours for the hydraulic lines, electrical lines, guage needles, the numbers on the guages etc etc.
Just one interesting point - they are all the same 1/32 scale - the size of the Spitfire against the FA18.
Regards - Ray.View attachment 234174View attachment 234175View attachment 234176View attachment 234177
At an air show, about 15 years ago, they did a flyover of an F-15, F-86 and P-51. What a sight and what a difference in size. Nice work, BTW.

Nice! I tried to build an A-10 a couple of years ago. Just don't have the eyes/hands for it any more.

I'm in awe of the folks that do the hyper-detailed military stuff.

Thanks Downeaster - I was sick at the time and needed to have something to do. It was very tedious in places. I had a large magnifying glass. and would have to stick a piece on the end of a toothpick which had blue tack on it - then place it on the model. As you would know the paints are all military/air force correct. The FA18 took me 6 months.
The only other model I would like to do but have not been able to find a suitable one, is a front engined dragster. I just find the shape and stance of a FED compatible with the looks and poise and attitude of certain war planes.
Regards - Ray.

Back