Modern paint

Thanks I dont have the original colour that is the issue, and i have been asking Mr Google for hours without any success, pictures there are plenty, some seem very browny maroon others more reddish, just thought someone with more knowledge than me might say try this it is close.

Thanks I dont have the original colour that is the issue, and i have been asking Mr Google for hours without any success, pictures there are plenty, some seem very browny maroon others more reddish, just thought someone with more knowledge than me might say try this it is close.
Since you’ve exhausted everything else, try a search at http://xs11.club
The popular XS1100E was macho maroon. Perhaps you can find something there. JAT

I dont have the original colour that is the issue, and i have been asking Mr Google for hours without any success, pictures there are plenty, some seem very browny maroon others more reddish, just thought someone with more knowledge than me might say try this it is close.
When you say you don't have the original colour do you mean you don't know what it was or what it was called or an original sample?
With the VIN # you can normally narrow it down to either what the original was or a choice of two.
That should be enough to get paint mixed.

Have a look at the attached.

Attachments

• Yamaha Modell_Index_1958_-_2008.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
hello, I know the correct colour should be Maxi Maroon and the code is 00U8, this is a different colour from macho maroon or so i understand as a different code, i dont have a sample of the colour. I did see some swatches listed on an a site that should it as being very brown, but i dont think that is right either.
Often for example Areil hunter red is close to car colour Rover Damask red and that was alll i was trying to find, Maxi Maroon is same similar to.................
and so the search goes on. May try and pick up an original side panel that has not been restored.

Don't have the codes, was done by a local pro, he color matched an original side cover.
77tank fresh paint.jpeg
DSCN8213.JPG

Last edited:
Yamdeeds, have you spoken to any companies that mix paint? If they have the 'recipe' they will be able to make some up for you.
Look for those who specify m/c paint matching.

Back