Feedback for MonsterCraftsman

I think they put out some great products but am still waiting for a freaking gas cap I ordered back in March, have contacted them through the website and received no response. I understand being busy and all but have to admit I'm a bit pissed off, just send me the damn gas cap. :banghead:

Still think this is a wide open territory for someone with good welding, bike building, and customer service skills to jump into the mix. How long is your list of shops who can provide all three? They all say their business is growing by leaps and bounds so there must be a market for these services. At the end of the day these 3 qualities will determine who is left standing. Have often considered a roller from one of these companies but finding one with these standards has put it on hold. It always starts out the same with people upset, money paid, delivery way past what was promised, unanswered phone calls and email and then they just vanish.
jefft

Last edited:
Lots of alternatives with I find with quick shipping and better customer service.

Lowbrow
Pandemonium choppers
Tcbros

I have had good service in the past but the last time was not good I have e mailed 3 or 4 times and tried to call 3 times with no response from any emails or calls( I had a problem with the pill
I got I just reworked it myselfe but had some questens on a frame or hard tail I was going to buy but could not get any help!!!) I have used tcbros and pandemonium in the past with very good customer service.!!!

Called them, left a message, sent several emails through their site and through the forum, nothing. What is with these guys, I can't pull this crap in my line of work. Busy or not, get your shit together Monstercraftsman. It's a fucking gas cap, if you have it send it, if you don't have it send a refund. These guys could shit golden eggs, sell 'em for ten cents a piece and I still wouldn't buy them. I'm done with these folks, will contact the BBB and file a complaint in the morning.

I'm generally a nice guy, but really Monstercraftsman, you've pushed me to this?

Sherwin

Try the other social media accounts! Facebook and instagram or even eBay account

Called them, left a message, sent several emails through their site and through the forum, nothing. What is with these guys, I can't pull this crap in my line of work. Busy or not, get your shit together Monstercraftsman. It's a fucking gas cap, if you have it send it, if you don't have it send a refund. These guys could shit golden eggs, sell 'em for ten cents a piece and I still wouldn't buy them. I'm done with these folks, will contact the BBB and file a complaint in the morning.

I'm generally a nice guy, but really Monstercraftsman, you've pushed me to this?

Sherwin

i tried ebay on a chain tensioner showed they had 10 but when i didn't get it i:shrug: had to go trough ebay for resonse called today and suposed to be in mail tomorow.

I put an order in on Friday June 7th......got an email June 13th 4pm hey we made your shipping label.........OMG!
I live 3 maybe 4 hours away.......
I'd like to call this Brandon guy myself.................. IDK if it will help.............. Maybe venting here will be all i need?????

Hey all! We appreciate seeing all the feedback on here. Good and bad. We're still in the process of locking all of this down. I'm constantly answering emails and doing my very best to get back to any missed calls at the shop. Thank you to our loyal customers who've maintained patience during the busy season and during my transition into front of house management. I am still trying to improve the communication lines between myself and all of you folks. (I'm even answering emails on my cell off the clock)

Thank you again, for all the feedback and I still urge you to bear with us as things here in the shop become crazier and crazier (we're actually picking up shop in Amish Country and moving to Baltimore and the transition has been a whirlwind!:eek:) and I promise to continue to do my best in answering emails, phonecalls, and customer concerns.

Please feel free to contact me at my direct email, brandon@monstercraftsman.com with any and all concerns. I check that email every 30 mins to an hour all day. And we always have 1800-777-4271 MON-FRI 8-4. That number goes directly to my computer at the shop.

I ordered some parts off EBAY and made a call to them picked right up and got my stuff right out NO PROBLEM
NOW for you guys who think its easy to run a shop ... ITS NOT
Todays market is not large enough to make money on parts alone unless you are a rip off. More and more parts come from overseas and sites like EBAY and CL and other have prices so low that you can't compete. Here is a example 21" Harley Wheel that I use to pay close to $200.00 for new and sell for $235.00 now I can and have bought that wheel for $104.00 all day long on EBAY. I have owned a Honda Dealership and three chopper shops and back in the 70's and 80's I made money on parts because I was locked into a franchise and you had to buy from me if you wanted parts from that company. Not true now. You had to have a store front and garage before they would sell to you. Not now I know guys who buy and just have a garage behind there house with a different address . I have done this since 1974 and it just got tougher and tougher to compete. I closed up my shop 2 years ago because someone said I ripped them off and I didn't but the word spread and I had to pay back $24,000 in builds. Was it fair nah but you got to take the good with the bad when you run a shop. Now the internet can make or break you with words. People who know me and come to my garage see how I operate and know the truth. That's why a lot of products that people come up with never make it for sale. I have done Turbo's on many bikes. I build race motors but would I put a kit out for a XS650 HELL NO too many issues for the average guy. So before you bash a company any company think how you would do it with the overhead/employees/stock/advertising/and just the daily operations. Not easy and that's why companies that were big 2 years ago are gone or out of business and dealing with lawyers and law suits up there ass. Think about it... I am too old and TOO BROKEN to have the energy to compete anymore its a young mans world and you are lucky to have guys like MONSTERCRAFTSMAN and HUGHS HANDBUILT that have the drive to develop parts for XS650 because the moneys not there to just do them. I am proud to know Jon and the guys and if they had millions you would see it all but they are just a shop like others doing the 100% that they can. WALK in the shoes of a shop owner for one month and your mind set will change.
KEEP CHOPPIN!!!!

Last edited:
Amen= I have ran a shop. I had a street rod shop for 4 years and worked a 7-5 mechanic's job lost street rod shop do to x-c*nt wife, now thats been 18 years ago, and still have customers calling me! ( don't have the space to do it any more )monster
was very good at first and when they were selling me parts,but when I had a problem
I nevere heard back from them busy I understand I do but I tried over a few days and sent e-mails but never did hear back now that was a 1 1/2 months ago.now I love the parts they sell and have had very good service in the past years yes years!!! I just hope the move gets they back to what they were!!!

I ordered some parts off EBAY and made a call to them picked right up and got my stuff right out NO PROBLEM
NOW for you guys who think its easy to run a shop ... ITS NOT
Todays market is not large enough to make money on parts alone unless you are a rip off. More and more parts come from overseas and sites like EBAY and CL and other have prices so low that you can't compete. Here is a example 21" Harley Wheel that I use to pay close to $200.00 for new and sell for $235.00 now I can and have bought that wheel for $104.00 all day long on EBAY. I have owned a Honda Dealership and three chopper shops and back in the 70's and 80's I made money on parts because I was locked into a franchise and you had to buy from me if you wanted parts from that company. Not true now. You had to have a store front and garage before they would sell to you. Not now I know guys who buy and just have a garage behind there house with a different address . I have done this since 1974 and it just got tougher and tougher to compete. I closed up my shop 2 years ago because someone said I ripped them off and I didn't but the word spread and I had to pay back $24,000 in builds. Was it fair nah but you got to take the good with the bad when you run a shop. Now the internet can make or break you with words. People who know me and come to my garage see how I operate and know the truth. That's why a lot of products that people come up with never make it for sale. I have done Turbo's on many bikes. I build race motors but would I put a kit out for a XS650 HELL NO too many issues for the average guy. So before you bash a company any company think how you would do it with the overhead/employees/stock/advertising/and just the daily operations. Not easy and that's why companies that were big 2 years ago are gone or out of business and dealing with lawyers and law suits up there ass. Think about it... I am too old and TOO BROKEN to have the energy to compete anymore its a young mans world and you are lucky to have guys like MONSTERCRAFTSMAN and HUGHS HANDBUILT that have the drive to develop parts for XS650 because the moneys not there to just do them. I am proud to know Jon and the guys and if they had millions you would see it all but they are just a shop like others doing the 100% that they can. WALK in the shoes of a shop owner for one month and your mind set will change.
KEEP CHOPPIN!!!!

You make it sound as though shop owners are martyrs, sacrificing everything solely for the good of the motorcycle community. I can appreciate the difficulty in running a business, however the bottom line is that you have to make the customer happy. Without the customer you shop is just a hobby. With Monstercraftsman I had sent several nice emails, through different sources, and even called. I got no response. Finally I complained on the forum and then to the BBB, only then did I get a reply. This could have all been avoided by them simply communicating with me in the first place. Yes they make some great products and seem to be good people, I never said differently.

Finally they have done right by me and refunded my money in addition to sending me a free gas cap. The refund was above and beyond. I just wanted the gas cap but had to raise a major fuss to get it, I regret that it came to this.

Daddygcycles, try walking in my shoes. I work hard to support my wife and four kids, and live paycheck to paycheck. I am going on year 3 for my build, when I get a little extra money I buy a part I need. I had saved up to buy a tank, the gas cap, and some other parts from monstercraftsman. This whole gas cap fiasco ensued. Do I expect them to feel sorry for me, no. Would I expect them to send me parts and let me pay four months later? No. It's a business transaction, deliver the goods and everyone is happy.

Guy I have walked in your shoes. I got 5 kids all got to go to collage and I worked a job and ran a shop for years just to keep my wife and kids in a house with food on the table. I think 60% of people live pay check to pay check or both the husband and wife work full time jobs. I have been working since I was 14 years old and my first real job was $2.75 a hour. So been there done that and I stand up out of my chair for you to be putting your family first. I was not trying to say any one was a GOD but I picked up the phone the other day rang 4 times and talked to one of the guys there.
I am 61 years old and have built bikes that took 2 years to build because I didn't have the money. I think a lot of people think because you own a shop you are rolling in bucks NOT TRUE its the other way around you are in a worst way possible and that's why I said spend some time in there shoes. COME INTO the real world. That's why I always say my garage doors are always open. I have had guys like you that don't have money and come use my tools and parts to get there bike on the road and all I ask is do this for the next guy. If you read another tread on here one guy Jeff who came and got his bike done is helping Dave to get his chop done . Bikers are a BROTHERHOOD and always should work together no matter if you are the shop owner or customer.
Always put your wife and kids first or you will live alone and when that chops done send me a picture and I will stick it on the shop wall with others that were built just like yours.
KEEP CHOPPIN

Last edited:
Daddygcycles, maybe I just took your post the wrong way , sorry. I do appreciate your insight, and always get some good information from your posts, thank you.

Like I said, monstercraftsman has made good. I sincerely hope they succeed, I do like their products and see that Brandon is a good guy and working hard to get things running smoothly. Thank you monstercraftsman !!!

Big Daddy your points are well taken and very appreciated.... I was venting in a public forum witch probable is-ent the best place......I like Monstercraftsman that's why i ordered from them......My sincere apologies to all.....may the folding mid mount god's have mercy on me and permit god speed to the Fed Ex man......LOL

Guys I hope you did get what I am saying sometimes I ramble on and jump from one subject to another BUT I AM OLD and had my ASS KICKED many times over the 35 plus years in the motorcycle industry but it made me better and with out good correct comments you won't help a company grow and get better you will just chase them away. Some of you guys are too young to know of but in the 70's I was a JAMMER DEALER they made you pay for the franchise BIG BUCKS and you got a area. They were the biggest CHOPPER aftermarket company. Thought I was on top of the world until I started to get sued every other month because product were not tested and back then it was cool to have a 20 over springer with a hardtail. All you had was a pogo stick that went down the road that after time cracked and broke and CRASHED. If I had media like this and guys all over the world giving me feedback I would have not spent tons on lawyers and judges knew me by first name.
If you have a problem voice it the right way to help and make that company better. If you can't get to a company send a register letter that must be signed for. Now you will know if they are there or not and just sometime when you grow fast and out of control you may be backed up IT HAPPENS. Been there.
KEEP CHOPPIN and enjoy your family life is short.

it seems like they need to hire a customer service rep full time , i've never got an answer on the phone but it is a shop and they're noisy so I accept that but E mailed a couple times and no answer either this time I tried Brandon's E mail address.
hopefully I get a timely answer.

I have never dealt with these guys. Wanted to, but from what i've read on here, it's been enough to keep me away. It's too bad cause it seems like they have some good products. I'll deal elsewhere i guess. I've tried emailing them as well about a couple things with no response. They can't be starving for business. I guess there getting by.

I will say in monstercraftsman's defense that my order is only a few days old so maybe I am in too big of a hurry , the only comparison I have is TC bros choppers my tracking info was on their site the next day though.

Heard these types of complaints here many times before on different companies. Hope this one is different but if history is any indicator, this is how it always begins until they finally fade away completely. Seen it happen just like this many times before. G&L, Elswick etc.
Jefft

Back