Monza Rear Shocks

Viper

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm interested in purchasing new rear shocks, before the summer.

Mikesxs, and Heiden Tuning offer a Monza Series of shocks in three flavours : Standard, Traditional, and Sport.

They don't list any spring, or dampening rates for any of these.

Does anyone know what the difference are between these three shocks?

The difference in those is the length.

IMO you can't buy decent new shocks for less than $200/pr. with springs. You might check out Progressive Series 14's at 650 Central; Michael will advise you on springs. If you want to improve handling, use a length in the neighborhood of 13-1/2".

I am using Mike's sport shock's of the 13 1/2 length. They work a whole lot better than the stock one's ever did. I need the little extra length so I don't drag the pipe's on corner's anymore. They hold my 200# ass, & with the rest of the suspension mod's (swingarm, steering head, fork spring's with emulater's) It is alot better than it was. Not a real 'canyon carver', but alot better than she was.

Got a set of these @ 13 3/16" for my standard. They work fantastically, i'm two notches up (and could probably go down to 1) which leaves lots of passenger adjustment. The multi spring design soaks up the small bumps while remaining stiff and stable when pushing on it.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm looking at the same (Monza Sports 13 3/16"), for my 78 Special, which I'd like to make into a tracker.

On the 79: 12 Series 13.5 Progressive Gas Magnums from 650 Central. 3M recommended the springs. Race Tech Emulator's in the forks with new Progressive springs. Handles great, rides great!

On the 76: Omar's Redwings. Feels good bench racing in the living room...

Attachments

• IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 395
Back