MT-07 DT

Bewarethemoon

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I’m probably quite late to the party here but I stumbled across this last night and thought it was worth sharing with the class.

https://www.visordown.com/features/...red-flat-tracker-ends-30-year-winning-drought

I’d love to know more about the bike!

I watched the race footage that’s linked in the post, it’s my first time watching a full race actually!

The track looked awesome, I’m hooked!

Daniel.

Last edited:
I love the look of that thing, great to hear it’s Yamaha’s first victory in AFT (is that the correct acronym?) in 3 decades!

I’d give an arm and a leg to learn about the engine development.

Do you think we’re looking at 85 +hp?

Out of a 750 cc cross-plane motor? I'd bet on it, and probably more. I wouldn't be surprised to hear numbers approaching 3 digits.

Really?!
I intentionally ‘lowballed’ my estimate because admittedly I’m still learning about motorcycles.

Close to 100hp with a 160kg (ish) weight, that thing must be a savage!

Daniel.

The production twins class allows those engines to be punched out to 900cc, they can be rephased to imitate V-twin engine power output, etc.

So, the cases + heads might be OEM, but the entire engine internals are all custom, along with custom frame, suspension, wheels, electronics, fuel delivery, etc.

One guy bent his up in the 2nd day main @ Indy, and the commentators were speculating it was a $25k crash.

Look at it in the blue livery as it’s raced!!!

A371711C-8DE2-40B8-A0AB-38DE527E829E.jpeg

The thing’s almost sexual!

Back