-Xs79-

I have heard of water gather at the lowest point in the tank on fex Yamaha XJ 900
Rusting a hole at the back low end .

I empty the tank every winter primary for fire hazard at the storage place
avoid water

So I would empty this into a Jerry can or so. .If I would use it again letting it separate using a little at a time
But most likely not use it anymore

I have heard of water gather at the lowest point in the tank on fex Yamaha XJ 900

avoid water

So I would empty this into a Jerry can or so. .If I would use it again letting it separate using a little at a time
Yes, gas is lighter than water but you would need a lot of water in the tank to disrupt operation. Heet or some other alcohol additive will absorb moisture.
Your routine of draining tanks at the end of the season should insure they last for generations.

Last edited:
One of the disadvantages of riding a motorcycle...
I think I got some water in my tank. Should I be worry? What dou you recommend?
Thanks.
I would drain the tanks and allow it to dry out.
Refit the tank and add fresh petrol.
Away to go.

avoid water

It seems my tank on Taffy (XS650) accumulated water on the left hand lower seem after standing as a show piece in a man cave.
It probably has rusted and now has a very slight seep of fuel which will only get worse with time.
If / when it gets worse I will possibly have it lined. Don't want to after Bob's (Mailman) story.

Get a propane torch. Don't light it but blow propane into the tank. Propane will displace the oxygen and moisture and prevent rust. Various other welding gasses will do the same but while we all don't have argon, we all should have a propane torch.

Last edited:
Puntas de escape nuevas. Aún no decido si volver a instalar la cinta térmica o dejarlo así. Mis oídos descansan un poco ahora.
También dejo una foto de un pequeño viaje antes de instalarlos.

Attachments

• 20231129_160203.jpg
    20231129_160203.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20231130_134828.jpg
    20231130_134828.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 20231126_141016.jpg
    20231126_141016.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Puntas de escape nuevas. Aún no decido si volver a instalar la cinta térmica o dejarlo así. Mis oídos descansan un poco ahora.
También dejo una foto de un pequeño viaje antes de instalarlos.

New exhaust tips. I still haven't decided whether to reinstall the heat tape or leave it alone. My ears are resting a little now.

Nice!! I'd leave the tape off if it were up to me.

¡¡Lindo!! Dejaría la cinta apagada si fuera por mí.

A little work before Christmas.
I got these carburetor synchronizers on sale for only 300 mexican pesos (for 4 of them).
I also got a tci gn250 on sale for 180 mexican pesos (not an OEM) but I think it will be useful to experiment with my current charging system.

Happy Holidays!🎄

Back