My 1969 Triumph T100R Daytona build

OHRider

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
The day I picked it up
D744EFA3-3E15-4018-A8AD-C470C4F7C73A.jpeg

Good on ya for saving the Daytona... Do you have all of the engine and gearbox components...?

There was a stretch of time, year ago when I restored four different Daytona models from a '70, '71 and two '72s. Very sweet handling little back road burners.

All the best in this project.
Rob
I think everything is there. Top end apart, bottom end is together. Need to check bore and pistons. The bottom will come part to check everything and clean the slug trap.

Great project. If you put the fairing on maybe you could consider painting the bike blue like Gary Nixons Daytona winner. I think he won that race in 1968 on a Triumph 500. Paint a #9 on it too.

By coincidence, this issue from just a month or so back... '67 T100R but close enough. A great time for Triumph.

I too have been a Triumph nut for my entire riding career, cannot seem to shake them, pun intended. ;) There has always been at least one in the Bahn, Maine term, means garage. :laugh2:

Currently restoring a '78 Bonneville 750 T140V which is nearly the most modern of my ownership, most are earlier. I do have the '75 Trident T160 too.

BWv1Ks.jpg

I will be doing a 1957 T20 Cub next.View attachment 231648
That is another great one. I have a friend in Sunbury,Ohio who has a couple cubs. One is in a Rickman frame, that used to house a Zundapp. Another one is probably about a 1965 that is together. I have a 66 Ducati Monza that is apart. We are going to try and complete the projects and have a ride next fall. If you haven't, check out Paul Brodie's cub build on YouTube.
1670619085138.png

Last edited:
@OHRider

I believe your model was in green & white...

This is a copy of a pre-digital print, one of the Daytonas that I restored years ago.

All the best in your project.
Rob

4b03BT.jpg
Really nice 500 there. Green (a real pretty candy green) and silver are the colors for the tank and fenders. A silver stripe on the center of the tank and a silver stripe on the center of the fenders. I bought a new 69 T100C that year. All green tank. High pipes and stainless fenders had my heart.

Last edited:
I had what I believe was a 1966 Triumph 500, single carb if that tells you anything. I did have it running a few times but never got much further than that. Seems life got in the way. Finally sold it to a guy who collects all kinds of old bikes.

Back